Cryx Sea Witch how would you paint the clothes to look like that of the picture?

Thread: Cryx Sea Witch how would you paint the clothes to look like that of the picture?

Default Cryx Sea Witch how would you paint the clothes to look like that of the picture?

Name:  3IaFAOb.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  6.0 KB

Question if you where to paint the clothes of the Sea Witch so it matches the colors of the picture which Vallejo colors would you use?
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 10-12-2016 at 03:39 AM.

While it's not a very good picture you've used as reference it seems to be all brown leathery tones, so I'd start with Vallejo Cork Brown as your base coat.
    Then work progressively darker glazes of German Camo med brown, Chocolate Brown, German Camo Blackbrown to build up the shadow tones. I'd strongly suggest you also buy German Camo Black Brown in the Airbrush range as well as it's darker than the VMC and can therefore be used to dark line junctions of material.
    To highlight and to keep within the brown leather look mix Ochre Brown into your base coat and the pick a medium yellow to glaze the final highlights.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I´d use dark browns with red and several whases of dark inks. For the base you could use leather brown (vallejo 70871) and the black or brown ink. Hope I could help you
    Last edited by mig1; 10-21-2016 at 02:04 PM.