Rising Conflicts restock? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rising Conflicts restock?

I can’t buy from my local FLGS - I don’t have one. In fact there isn’t really a decent one in the whole of New Zealand!

Dave, John, Mr Black - can someone please tell us what's going on? Why does MM have to wait until December to get the cards, and why have they never had them even though they want to sell them?
    The Esoteric Order of Gamers
    High quality materials for the dedicated devotee of immersive, thematic tabletop games.

http://www.orderofgamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by UniversalHead View Post
    I can’t buy from my local FLGS - I don’t have one. In fact there isn’t really a decent one in the whole of New Zealand!
    I was not trying to make a statement about people who buy online, if that is how I come across. I was more making a statement about the importance of FLGS for growing games. They are not going to push a game in store that is not carried by their distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Loomisc View Post
    I was not trying to make a statement about people who buy online, if that is how I come across.
    No worries. I was just pointing outo CMON that I have no other options except large online US retailers like MM. And even they can't get it.
    High quality materials for the dedicated devotee of immersive, thematic tabletop games.

Oh of course, the new cards will be in the new unit boxes, won't they?

Though I thought this first release of the new card set was better quality printing or something ...
    The premium cards do feel quite nice. I think they call it a satin finish, or something like that. That said, the colours on the originals are more vibrant, with the premiums looking almost washed out. However, the stock on the premiums is a bit lighter weight and feels great. I'll still be putting them in sleeves.

Here's some pics if they help:

Name:  WP_20161124_00_01_24_Rich.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  1.22 MB
    The original is on the left, premium on the right. You can see the hatching in the spot where the light is reflecting on the bottom.

Name:  WP_20161124_00_01_59_Rich.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  1.23 MB
    Again, original - left, premium - right. If you look at the type banner, you'll really see the colour difference.

Name:  WP_20161124_00_11_55_Rich.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  1.12 MB
    These are my favourite part of the pack. The defense chart is great for demoing, and the motivation cards are great for reference during game rather than looking at the rules.

The other bonus is that this printing includes the errata, but I haven't checked too closely for typos.

The other negative is that the golden cards from the Kickstarter are completely obsolete now. Kind of wish CMON had reached out to people that bought those and offered the chance to get a run of the new cards in gold. (hint, hint, Mr. Black ).

EDIT: Sorry for the huge pics.
    Last edited by EvilGardenGnome; 11-24-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but Rising Conflicts and the premium cards aren't listed in the CMoN shop at all any more.

CMON, we need some information now please!

CMON, we need some information now please!
    Maybe not what you were looking for, but the book and cards are back in the CMoN store. Hopefully that means they'll be out to retailers and online shops soon.

The book is selling on mini market again, so it's very possible.

I'm very disappointed at the silence from CMON in this issue. I know everyone there's busy with the company going public, but there was a promise to look into this and nothing has happened.