Rising Conflicts restock?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rising Conflicts restock?

Default Rising Conflicts restock?

Tried to order Rising Conflicts through my LGS this week. All 3 distributors they use showed as sold out. Any word on when this will restock?

Prestock - what about first stock? I preordered from Miniature Market months ago and nothing. What's happening?
    The Esoteric Order of Gamers
    High quality materials for the dedicated devotee of immersive, thematic tabletop games.

http://www.orderofgamers.com

probably stuck in the warehouse...

A group of us from the LGS gave up on trying to get the LGS stocked. We just pooled a direct order to CMON and got a bunch of stuff surprisingly quick. I picked up a copy of Rising Conflicts in that batch.

So you can buy it direct from CMON. Looks like buying elsewhere is a lost cause. Too bad CMON makes it virtually impossible for LGSs to stock, and prevents players from spending money in the stores that support the hobby. Intended or not, that's the outcome of all this.
    Sorry you haven't gotten a pre-order yet. That's just absurd.

Good morning!

As a part-time CMON staffer working on the miniature lines, I can tell you that your LGS can order direct from us. Some distributors choose not to carry Wrath of Kings or Dark Age, and there's really nothing we can do about that. It's their choice. In the case of the pre-order issue with Miniatures Market, all I can suggest there is that they decided to take pre-orders before agreeing to take stock of the product. I think for speed that canceling your pre-order with MM and ordering direct would be the quickest way to get the book to you.

I've also asked our salesman, John Smith, to stop by this thread to add any pertinent information.

Cheers
    Dave Taylor

Dave, thanks for answering, but it's a cruel truth that - gasp - customers don't care about the whys and wherefores. They just want the product that was announced some six months ago. If CMON can't get it into the hands of one of the largest online game retailers in the world, one that does carry a full line of WoK products, something is not working somewhere. And it sounds like I'm not the only one having problems. Stockists and customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops or order it direct. It's CMON's responsibility to make their product easy to buy, and if they don't support this game properly people will give up and go to other games. Sad but true.

It's so frustrating when you want to buy something and the seller makes it difficult!
    High quality materials for the dedicated devotee of immersive, thematic tabletop games.

Quote Originally Posted by UniversalHead View Post
    Dave, thanks for answering, but it's a cruel truth that - gasp - customers don't care about the whys and wherefores. They just want the product that was announced some six months ago. If CMON can't get it into the hands of one of the largest online game retailers in the world, one that does carry a full line of WoK products, something is not working somewhere. And it sounds like I'm not the only one having problems. Stockists and customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops or order it direct. It's CMON's responsibility to make their product easy to buy, and if they don't support this game properly people will give up and go to other games. Sad but true.

It's so frustrating when you want to buy something and the seller makes it difficult!
    This is not a case of product being unavailable- this is a matter of a distributor not wanting to carry the line. We can’t force someone to purchase something they do not wish to carry. If people want the line, they should urge their stores to contact their distributors and request the product. Distributors see a demand, they will carry it, as no one likes leaving money sitting around- but acting like this is our sales department not making it available is simply incorrect and insulting to them.
    Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searc...wrath+of+kings

Have MM just decided not to stock any more WoK?

This is the reply from Miniature Market when I asked where my preordered book and cards were:

They haven't given any exact release date info for the item, but we're hoping to have it available in December.

WTF?

Upon further query, they said:

As of now, our suppliers are saying that they have not received the product.

Can someone at CMON please tell me if the Rising Conflicts book and new cards have actually been released to suppliers or not. There's obviously some kind of communication breakdown going on here.

You are absolutely correct. There appears to be a considerable breakdown in communications. I will look into this further and try to bring some resolution to the situation.

Upon further query, they said:

As of now, our suppliers are saying that they have not received the product.

Can someone at CMON please tell me if the Rising Conflicts book and new cards have actually been released to suppliers or not. There's obviously some kind of communication breakdown going on here.
    I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of my LGS's had stock and I picked up Rising Conflicts and the premium card set (year 1). I asked the clerk how many they got (as I ordered it as soon as I got the in-stock email). He told me one of each.

On a side note, they've not done any editing since the first release. I'm pretty sure Scion King Nasier has not ascended the Achrionian throne (amongst other oversights).
    Last edited by EvilGardenGnome; 11-21-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: The F in FLGS doesn't really apply to this particular shop.

Quote Originally Posted by davetaylor View Post
    You are absolutely correct. There appears to be a considerable breakdown in communications. I will look into this further and try to bring some resolution to the situation.
    Thankyou Dave. I pre-ordered as soon as MM had them listed, so I didn't miss out on any initial stock run or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGardenGnome View Post
    I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of my LGS's had stock and I picked up Rising Conflicts and the premium card set (year 1). I asked the clerk how many they got (as I ordered it as soon as I got the in-stock email). He told me one of each.

On a side note, they've not done any editing since the first release. I'm pretty sure Scion King Nasier has not ascended the Achrionian throne (amongst other oversights).
    I just finished reading Rising Conflicts last night. It's absolutely LADEN with blatant errors. The quality of writing feels largely like a first draft filler to make a deadline.

Not impressed. Im unlikely to buy future expansions. The story part itself was OK, but unit entries were pretty bad. Did not feel worth the cost, if the story will advance very little, writing is overall bad, and rules are free and downloads trump print out of the gate due to typos.

I also pre ordered the book and cards back in August from MM. Sent them an email, it went like this. Note I don't send emails but rarely.

Hello, or is it to whom it may concern?

Eather way, I'm just sending this email to ask about the wrath of kings cards, for you guest it, wrath of kings. I pre ordered the cards and the second edition book some time in August. I know that cool mini or not have both on there site now, so I'm just wondering when the cards will be out and when will I get the book and cards? Well thanks for reading and have a nice day, or is it night? And I hope to hear back soon.

From, Kevin Lynady.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Your request (#125413) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below:

Christina
    Christina S. (Miniature Market Support Portal)
    Nov 18, 9:55 AM CST

Good Morning Kevin,

Regretfully, we have not yet received our preorders for Wrath of Kings: Book 1 & Motivation Cards. Our Products Team is reaching out to CMON to see if they can give us an update as to when these should be arriving to retailers.

Christina S.
    Customer Service Manager
    Miniature Market
    support@miniaturemarket.com

You Asked For It, We Delivered! Introducing Customer Holds

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/customerholds

Kevin Lyna
    Kevin Lynady
    Nov 16, 6:26 PM CST

Hello, or is it to whom it may concern?

Eather way, I'm just sending this email to ask about the wrath of kings cards, for you guest it, wrath of kings. I pre ordered the cards and the second edition book some time in August. I know that cool mini or not have both on there site now, so I'm just wondering when the cards will be out and when will I get the book and cards? Well thanks for reading and have a nice day, or is it night? And I hope to hear back soon.

From, Kevin Lynady.

The reply.

Good Morning Kevin,

Regretfully, we have not yet received our preorders for Wrath of Kings: Book 1 & Motivation Cards. Our Products Team is reaching out to CMON to see if they can give us an update as to when these should be arriving to retailers.

Christina S.
    Customer Service Manager
    Miniature Market
    support@miniaturemarket.com

Quote Originally Posted by paradox1 View Post
    I just finished reading Rising Conflicts last night. It's absolutely LADEN with blatant errors. The quality of writing feels largely like a first draft filler to make a deadline.

Not impressed. Im unlikely to buy future expansions. The story part itself was OK, but unit entries were pretty bad. Did not feel worth the cost, if the story will advance very little, writing is overall bad, and rules are free and downloads trump print out of the gate due to typos.
    I'm not particularly bothered by the typos. I use the PDFs for the rules, and the books are for the fluff and collection purposes. I can put the meaning together, so understanding is maintained.

I'm distinctly more worried about two things: low production counts, and lack of fixes between runs. Those two things combine to give me trepidation about the future of WoK.

Here's the latest info from Miniature Market:

We order from a certain distributor, not CMON games. The book has been released, and while we are out of stock, your copy is here and on hold for you. The cards however, are still a preorder item because we have never received them and neither has our distributor.

Any update on this Dave?

By the way, MM list the cards as 'Book 1 & Motivation Cards' - does the set include cards for the units from Rising Conflicts?

Here's the latest info from Miniature Market:
    By the way, MM list the cards as 'Book 1 & Motivation Cards' - does the set include cards for the units from Rising Conflicts?
    My box didn't, which was a bit of a disappointment.

Oh of course, the new cards will be in the new unit boxes, won't they?

Though I thought this first release of the new card set was better quality printing or something ...

This card set is just the models from the first book. If you get the premium cards they are printed on a better stock. I can confirm my box was printed on a quality fabric card. They are very nice.

Having said that, it is very frustrating to see these distribution issues. My FLGS owner told me to just get them online because he was told his main distributor would not carry CMON. His secondary distributor shows them as not yet released, and the funny thing is they still show the boxed set that way as well.

In response to Mr. Black earlier. It may not be an issue of it not being available, but there is obviously some sort of issue with CMON that keeps distributors from carrying your product (or at least this line). It does not seem to be just one distributor so it could very well be your sales department as their job is to sell the product to the distributors in the first place.

It is a shame too. This is a good game. I had a growing group of people who want to start or started but it was next to impossible to gain any momentum when the product is so hard to get.

As a side note, I always encourage people to buy form the FLGS. In my eyes online is for that odd time when that one or two items are not available locally. Sure it costs a little more, but that guy behind the counter provides a place to play and organize with other players. So it is incredibly disappointing when my players play one or two games but get frustrated when they can not get the product locally. We have switched our primary game because of this.