Wikiro WIP

Thread: Wikiro WIP

Default Wikiro WIP

I'm very new to proper miniature painting. So let me apologize. Any tips and pointers would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Pfft. Solid start - you know what you are doing. Keep pushing that contrast and you'll be just fine
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Pfft. Solid start - you know what you are doing. Keep pushing that contrast and you'll be just fine
    ^^^ What he said. Looks good so far.

What they said only things I'd pick out at this level is blends and contrast, but youve got a solid starting point to work from

Finished the model for a local painting tournament. However I need a better camera as this one turns things green when photographing red. I'll post the finished version later when I have a better camera.

Here is my attempt at flesh tones. I am not doing very well however. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Caucasian flesh tone
    Name:  IMG_20161020_230020721.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  915.2 KB

Here I'm trying more of a Viking skin tone I've seen people use on blood rage and The Others miniatures.
    Name:  IMG_20161024_200742353.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  1.68 MB

He's a dude and pretty well defined so you can push the contrast more and add some warmer tones and cooler tones to give him some life. Glazes here and there or wet on wet blending. Play with both and see what you like.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Reds on the Termi look cool mate. I'd glaze over your light/dark transition a little to blend it out a little more and maybe do a little edge highlighting but otherwise I think you're good.

What Zab said for the skin

Looking pretty good! As others have said, keep pushing the scope of brightness in your blends. You could also benefit from some careful black-lining. Try black ink or thin paint to separate the individual pieces of armor on the space marine, and maybe a very dark brownish-grey between the ogre's belly and sash. You'll be surprised how much life this adds to them.

Name:  IMG_20161030_142443636_HDR.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  1.00 MB worked a little more on warming up the second boson.

Re: the camera issue, it could be your background, I use my tablet to take photos but I've noticed ed if I use a white or black background it effects the colours in the photo so I've taken to using the inside of a gw box for wip shots, the grey seems to make the colours photograph better, for finished shots to make it look a bit better I use a box turned on its side with a white piece of paper curved p the bottom and back which creates a natural shadow with a white and grey gradient which helps with the colours too

Welcome to the madhouse. Looks like you are off to a good start.

Name:  IMG_20161103_233113151.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  1.84 MB

Name:  IMG_20161103_233121663.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  1.90 MB

Finished a blood bowl Ogre for my uncle.

How about cropping those pics and scaling them down to ~500 pixels wide? Some of us have slow connections.

Nice stuff! Keep it up!