Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Octavian's 1st WIP

A little more progress on Phil:

Name:  20161216_052032.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  710.2 KBName:  20161216_052059.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  726.0 KB

There's definitely noticeable improvements on this mini compared to the last, my only not pick so far is that he's very clean looking for a zombie apocalypse survivor, some stubble could look great and dirtying up the clothes a bit, but that's mainly my preference, great job so far though

Cool cool cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    There's definitely noticeable improvements on this mini compared to the last, my only not pick so far is that he's very clean looking for a zombie apocalypse survivor, some stubble could look great and dirtying up the clothes a bit, but that's mainly my preference, great job so far though
    Thanks Sicks! Lol, yeah I hear ya there. I do intend to dirty him up a bit, but it's so hard to bring myself to do it after such a nice and clean paint job haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Cool cool cool..
    Thanks BAM! I think you and Sicks are the only ones who care about my thread haha. But that's all I need, right?

I care too. And you got the colours just right for his shirt! This is shaping up to be a very nice mini.

Looking forward to seeing more.

The better you get more and more folks will come some will give great advice , others will give advice just to hear themselves talk and others will give compliments. Either way your getting better. Remeber like I tell everybody if you feel advice from those can help use it. If you don't then stay your course either way "your the artist, and its your project" don't forget that!!!

The better you get more and more folks will come some will give great advice , others will give advice just to hear themselves talk and others will give compliments. Either way your getting better. Remeber like I tell everybody if you feel advice from those can help use it. If you don't then stay your course either way "your the artist, and its your project" don't forget that!!!
    There are more active commenters and less active ones. Don't let it get you down.

The better you get more and more folks will come some will give great advice , others will give advice just to hear themselves talk and others will give compliments
    I've been following this thread since it started and I don't feel like I have any advice you would benefit from, and a certainly don't want give any just for the sake of it. So Octavian, I'll compliment your work instead.

The barbarian dude you started off with made a massive improvement between the first picture and the last. Great blending on the cloth material. Phil's also looking good based on the photos so far.

Keep it up! We might not always say something but we are watching

massive improvement from one mini to the next. this one is shaping up to be a nice tidy paint job. very good flesh tones, they look believable

Comments will come I think there's just a period while starting out where you're getting to grips with some of the fundamental stuff and there's not much to say except keep practicing, more models passing through your hands as bam says . I usually like my head through most of the threads here, mainly those that are on the first page whenever I visit, I don't comment much these days because life is hectic and by time I've caught up usually someone has said what I was going to anyway

Awe shucks guys lol. Thank you all so much! I appreciate the comments. It's nice knowing that others are following, even though they stay quiet. I guess I do the same thing as well, so I can't fault anybody for it haha.

I'm actually really bad about posting. But I do read most threads. And don't feel bad,.. no one really reads my WIP either.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    I'm actually really bad about posting. But I do read most threads. And don't feel bad,.. no one really reads my WIP either.
    Ditto. My WIP looks like I'm writing in a diary and every now and then BAM pops in to tell me how I can improve my life.

BaM can improve everyone's life. But same here: I like to look and occasionally comment, but with no sense of consistency at all.

I'll the call for more dirt, though.

I should be more diligent about posting replies in other threads as well. Stop being a hypocrite, Octavian! Haha.

Looks great so far, liking your clean cartoon style.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Ok any progress shots?? I'm dying for one?

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Looks great so far, liking your clean cartoon style.
    Thanks ten ball! That style is mostly unintentional. That's mostly how I paint at the moment haha.

Ok any progress shots?? I'm dying for one?
    Hey BAM! Lol I don't have any pics at the moment, sorry , but I am working on it. I have finished Phil and almost done with Josh, another Zombicide survivor. I'll take some pics and try and get them up this week. Thanks for the interest!

Here are some pics of Josh. Sorry for the subpar quality. My photo booth is still a work in progress. The last couple are what I did at the end of the night last night; added some weathering, tats, and some cuts. Still need to add some fresh blood and keep cracking on the blade of the machete. The face kinda sucks, and only one eye turned out okay, and I kinda wish I had more contrast on the sweatshirt but I hope it'll look good enough on the board. I'll get some pics of Phil up soon.
    Name:  20170103_205215.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.52 MB Name:  20170103_205226.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  1.53 MB Name:  20170103_205204.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.50 MB Name:  20170103_205151.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.57 MB Name:  20170103_205142.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  1.56 MB
    Name:  20170103_213223.jpg