Thread: "Are You Still There?"

Default "Are You Still There?"

Name:  steampunk_portal__the_gentry_turret_by_risachantag-d62d5sg.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  224.8 KB

Hi all. I was just wondering, does it seem a little dead to you?

I have a friend on the con circuit and he told me Rivet Wars was cancelled or something? They wouldn't be pursuing it. I haven't heard an update in what feels like close to a year. I'm a little worried his off handed comment might actually hold some wait to it. CoolMini wasn't even AT Templecon this year so I don't know but I heard they are having less and less Rivet Wars events or showcases.

Any thoughts on this? Are you guys still rivet warsing it up with the release of Battlefield 1 spurring on our WW1 love?
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

It's dead JIm. As normal CMON run a huge KS and then let it die by not following it up with any new releases, hell they don't even market it, not outside of the US anyway. Heck, I use to demo the game and WoK, and tried to spend my points, 2 1/2 months later am still waiting for the models, not even been processed yet for me to pay the shipping despite multiple enquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    It's dead JIm. As normal CMON run a huge KS and then let it die by not following it up with any new releases, hell they don't even market it, not outside of the US anyway. Heck, I use to demo the game and WoK, and tried to spend my points, 2 1/2 months later am still waiting for the models, not even been processed yet for me to pay the shipping despite multiple enquiries.
    I'm afraid you're right hithero, there is another twist to this CMON and their marketing. Companies like Battlefoam give you the possibility of shopping in your local region to avoid the ridiculous import fees and taxes. Coming from Denmark in Europe I have often browsed the CMON web shop. They have currently a good offer for Second Wave but it is not an option to any people outside the US du to the taxes and fees. So I have asked them several times why they have not made a European Shop, that could really boost their sales.

If you live outside the US, the best option to get CMON games or minis at reasonable prices is to participate in their Kick Starters, and that kind of sucks...

Another thing is that the Pledge Manager system sometimes fails, forcing non US participants to receive their pledges from the US, adding extra expenses from taxes and import fees. This happened to me with Blood Rage.

Even though it is a shame that it looks like they have left Rivet Wars in the ditch in so many ways...
    Last edited by armrek; 02-16-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    WFRP v1 and v2 GM and painting since 91' into modelling and casting
    Author of the Android Game: ​A DUNGEON HORROR DEED