Crusade of Truth

Thread: Crusade of Truth

Default Crusade of Truth

Friends,

I have been absent from this wonderful hobby for too long, but I have had a recent obsession consume a great deal of my time. I recently started a political/military news and analysis website, called crusadeoftruth.com

I know politics are sensitive subjects, and if this is an inappropriate place to plug my website, I completely understand if the moderators choose to remove this post.

But I am coming to you guys and gals, many of you counted among my friends, with a request: please visit the site, and if you enjoy it-subscribe. I am very proud of the content, and I have invested a lot of time and energy into the articles and the look and feel of the site.

I know that many of you disagree with me politically. But my pledge to you is that I will never post faux news or be blinded by my own partisanship. If you review the available articles, you will find that there is balance and that I research each post thoroughly.

So, please, give it a try: you might like what you see...Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  94.9 KB
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

oh man i try my best to dodge your posts at FB without getting a cerebral hemorrhage, now on this forum? lol

you know im off far left of your views (i find it quite amusing that you call democrats 'left') but i must say i admire your dedication with this, and wish you good luck with the site mate!

All that is asked about this thread is that responses are kept polite and well mannered.
    Any issues arising from this take it to the FB page and keep it there.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thank you for your well wishes, especially given your opposing views.

I know you are kind of joking, kind of serious here...and the last thing I want to do is annoy otherwise good friends from my other interests. I promise you that I will not have additional posts of this type on here, and my social media sharing of articles will eventually slow as I earn subscribers. But I actually have a lot of people that show a lot of interest in the posts I share from the website on FB, but they refuse to subscribe for whatever reason. My FB Fan page for Crusade of Truth is more popular than the actual website-to give you an idea of people's unwillingness to click away from FB.

My point is that-for now-the social media sharing is a necessity for me. My feelings would not be hurt if you decided to censor me on FB. I know that a lot of people don't come to FB for such intense debates-and certainly not here.

Finally, I think the tone and style of writing from my own website differs a bit from some of the external articles I have shared in the past. Different in that I try to be very fair and conscious of journalistic integrity. I've had both moderate and conservative news outlets publish my work. Tomorrow, jihadwatch.org is publishing an article I penned, but there is very little that you could accuse me of being conjecture or opinion in it.

My point is that politics include some very sensitive subjects, and it breaks my heart that my writing would do anything but convey positive feelings of some kind for the reader, whether that be through an immersively erudite experience, by providing heretofore unexplored context, or simply by offering an entertaining read.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    All that is asked about this thread is that responses are kept polite and well mannered.
    Any issues arising from this take it to the FB page and keep it there.
    I pledge to never enter into the specifics of any debate in this arena. For the obvious reason that CMoN is a light-hearted, fun place to share art, but also because I've learned that not everyone shares your mature ability for separating partisan beliefs from personal friendship.

I'm not really sure how one can be on a Crusade of Truth, if partisan politics are involved. From my experience truth becomes a malleable clay ball at that point.

But, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I'm not really sure how one can be on a Crusade of Truth, if partisan politics are involved. From my experience truth becomes a malleable clay ball at that point.

But, good luck!
    Funny, I use that exact term...malleable...to describe information.

Philosophically speaking, if one accepts certain absolutes then one must agree that there is a right and wrong. Truth, then, does not require the absence of partisanship. If the outcome of my quest for truth and authenticity results in articles that satisfy the platform of one particular political ideology, then this is a consequence of pragmatism-I hope-and not the result of some prejudiced, factional instinct.

In other words, the very act of taking a stance on any issue requires agreeing or disagreeing with one party or another. The mere presence of this should not compel distrust. On the other hands, the presupposing the end state of any given issue purely for partisan purposes should be distrusted. Although we all claim to do the former and not the latter, don't we?