Kingdom Death:Monster 1.5 kickstarter

Thread: Kingdom Death:Monster 1.5 kickstarter

Default Kingdom Death:Monster 1.5 kickstarter

Anyone watching the madness of this kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...15/description

jep

overshot the first one's total in 2 or 3 hours.

But to be honest : how successful the first one was a surprise, this one is coldly calculated by Poots. The best KS level is either at 200USD (and you have to buy all extra unlocks) or 777 (was available early morning, will have every unlocked extras).

What I'm unsure about: will he do the same thing as with the first KS (make the promos and figures available on next BlackFriday) ? If yes, then I'll probably can sit back and relax. If no... I might have to join the madness.

But so far nothing really exciting for me. This BF I've thrown more money for a PS4 + FF-15 and Prodos' Aliens.
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 11-25-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

The madness returns! The voices told me to get in on this, and I did...
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Ended up ba(c)king this so I can pickup the updated 1.5 ruleset, especially now that poots is looking to print the book in hardcover format. I'm hoping that he allows all of the previous expansions as add-ons as well, it's kind of annoying only have 2-3 expansions listed as in stock for the U.S. warehouse.

Okay so how many finally jumped on this before the end?

Was in as soon as it opened. Dropped my 200$ BF Pledge to go all in. Do not regret yet - I see it as a gift to myself for finally finishing my master in march.
    Miniature Exchange. Join the fun!

Would you mind voting? Here's my Gallery, C'mon ev'rybody!

The success of this thing is amazing, but (like many things in life) I just don't 'get' it.

What's the big deal with it?

Why are people willing to spend what amounts to several car payments on it? and on something that isn't due for another 3 years.

Is the game just that good?

I'm not judging at all, if folks have the money and it makes them happy, more power to them.

I just don't understand the hubub.

im with you vike.

i dont get this. at all.

Game is a pretty good coop game, with huge replay value (basically you can play even the simplest (first 1-2 'years') part 30-40 times and always having different results. 1 game (year 1 to end) could go on for months(with 1 game night/week), so even there is value. Could be played solo, but not the main point.

Minis: highly detailed HIPS, imho same/better than GW. NSFW parts can usually be left out/hidden of the mini builds making it more family friendly (altough with some of the themes it not it's aim).
    Pinups... altough some (a lot) might not like them, but sex sells. Period.
    That been said, they are more tasteful, than quite a few other companies releasing naked/pinup models.
    Not my thing, but I haven't seen it done by others: male pinups.
    Also some really good evocative sculpts this time (father and son, survivor family)

Rarity marketing: not enough out on the market, making it keep the value for resellers. I bet at least 1/4th of the backers are there only to ebay the stuff at 3-8x paid price.

Value:
    - here is why I'm sad I couldn't get the 777$ deal available at the beginning: right now getting the same stuff would cost me 1900$ within the KS. Getting it at retail would go up to 2500$ or so.
    So even if not liking the game and minis and ebaying stuff at half-retail price you get more than you paid for making it a safe investment.

- Altough I'm not sure I'll buy the Abyssal woods expansion, but for the price of a GW titan (knight) you get a model about as large as that (maybe even bigger/bulkier) + 21 other minis (flower witch + 5 disciplines, 8 survivors, 7 monsters) + game content that it might feel like a separate game (so again adding to the base's replay value).
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 01-10-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

I'll admit, I'd like to play the game as it sounds like my cup of tea even if I was the only person playing it (which you can do) but those Male pin ups got me and I can't wait til I get my grubby little hands on them :evil hands rubbing:

Thanks for the explanation folks!

Like I said, I don't really get it, but I'm glad folks do.

I'm sure some people wouldn't understand that I spend $250 dollars on a Captain America doll!! LOL

The game, especially the long campaign sounds interesting.