Thread: More Zombies, more more more

Default More Zombies, more more more

I love the look of big Zombie hordes. Luckily with all the expansions and the chance to simply buy boxes multiple times, we will never run out of Zombies.

Being a big fan of the classic Zombicide, I am asking myself, if there is a way to tweak the game, so that there are more zombies on the board at the same time. I would love to have always like 100+ Zombies on the board ... more like 300 when it hits the extreme levels. Obviously this would affect the game balance. So what I am looking for is some way to have a crazy amount of zombies in use, while still allowing a balanced game.

We tried a workaround of simply putting two zombies instead of one, whenever Zombies spawn. And also decided that each hit with a weapon always would kill two Zombies when it normally would just kill one. That mode already improved the look of the game a LOT! ... But it somehow felt unpolished, since we just changed the representation on the board from "two zombies always represent one zombie".

So I wonder, is there anyone out there who has an answer to my quest of playing Zombicide with as many Zombies as possible? Special rules? Special maps? Please, help me out.

You could pull more than one card per spawn zone during the spawn phase. Like two or three. Or, when spawning, spawn a danger level or two higher than the level the game is at that moment. Or use a combination of both of these: more cards and higher danger levels. You could also add more spawn zones on your map. And, again, you could use a combination of those three suggestions. All this could work to get more zombies on the board. As far as balancing; that's a little tougher. You could give the survivors more wounds, more actions, easier access to molotov cocktails, and/or, like you said, take out more zombies per hit, add attack dice to each weapon, things of that nature. That's what I can come up with at the moment. Hope this was sorta, kinda, a little bit helpful .