Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Werner''s WIP

Ogre is looking nice.
    Watch you aren't obscuring any sculpted details by applying paint without thinning it sufficiently. It looks as if some of the subtle folds of the skin on the belly, for instance, are disappearing as you work up to the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Ogre is looking nice.
    Watch you aren't obscuring any sculpted details by applying paint without thinning it sufficiently. It looks as if some of the subtle folds of the skin on the belly, for instance, are disappearing as you work up to the highlights.
    Thanks for the advice, it's correct

I live what you've been doing on your thread !!! Some very cool stuff going on here !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I live what you've been doing on your thread !!! Some very cool stuff going on here !!!
    Thanks, any advice for me?

Name:  DSC_0065_1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  297.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0066_1.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  309.3 KB

My try at female face after viewing the tutorial from Miniature MonthlyElizabeth Beckley-Bradford. C&C are welcome

Definately looks feminine. i assume you were going for cool tones as that is definately what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Definately looks feminine. i assume you were going for cool tones as that is definately what I see.
    Thanks
    After painting the white/yellow hair, the face is too cool/cold so I'm going to try to make it a bit warmer?

Look in the gallery, but I would assume some pink or red glazes in the cheek and brow would warm her up.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Look in the gallery, but I would assume some pink or red glazes in the cheek and brow would warm her up.
    Thanks I'll give it a try!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  148.9 KBThis ussually helps. For a female it would be more subtle this means even more thinned out when applied. But it's a good guideline that helps beyond dark/light =shadowing/ highlighting to cool/ hot = reds/ blues.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  148.9 KBThis ussually helps. For a female it would be more subtle this means even more thinned out when applied. But it's a good guideline that helps beyond dark/light =shadowing/ highlighting to cool/ hot = reds/ blues.
    Thank you very much!!!

And really watch that blue. Otherwise she'll end up looking like she has a beard.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    And really watch that blue. Otherwise she'll end up looking like she has a beard.
    Thanks for the advice!

I've seen BAM post that image a couple times (and it's excellent). But, my question is, does the blue section apply to women as well as men? Everything else seems like it would work for both sexes, but even in the graphic it calls the blue section "5 o'clock shadow". Should that part be left off of female minis completely?

Made some changes:
    - added beige red
    - made the eyes smaller

Name:  DSC_0016_1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  324.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0019_1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  318.0 KB

She looks far better Werner. Good work taking on everyone's advice, it really shows.

Eripu, it's more of a suggestion for female faces. The skin is ever so slightly toned towards the grey/blue.
    error 404: signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    She looks far better Werner. Good work taking on everyone's advice, it really shows.

Eripu, it's more of a suggestion for female faces. The skin is ever so slightly toned towards the grey/blue.
    Thanks, that's why I like to get tips and critism so I can learn from them.

Definately has a warmer look. Nice adjustment.

Big improvement with the glazes, it's added a lot of life to the face. I would add a touch (more?) of your blush color to the tip of the nose, as well. Start slow and add color gradually- it's easier to put it on than take it off!
    If you're not still planning working on it, think I might like to see maybe three tiny, tiny dots of white along the middle of the the lower lip. That will help them pop a bit and create the illusion of a bit of texture.

Thanks for the comments and tips, I'm going to give it a try the next time...