First version of face and beard finished:

Name:  20180305_214924-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  677.8 KB

Now started with my first try with textures:

Name:  20180306_211423-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  735.0 KB

Very nice my friend keep attacking that texture take your time your right on the mark!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Very nice my friend keep attacking that texture take your time your right on the mark!!!
    Thank you very much!

More work of my first "texture" attemp

Name:  20180309_222434-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  665.5 KB

yeah totally! its looking great. the light source is consistent so that really makes it look good. nice colours too! the texture is coming along well. I will pop back again and enjoy your work How is the ranger and small dio going I really liked that one.

Hi Werner,

I've not seen your work before but I'm really liking your work. I think your right on track with the textures. It's not something I've really tried but you've inspired me to try it, it looks very effective. Also your light source is really well balanced through the miniature. Well Done.. I'll check back in a few to see whats going on.
    Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by Canny View Post
    yeah totally! its looking great. the light source is consistent so that really makes it look good. nice colours too! the texture is coming along well. I will pop back again and enjoy your work How is the ranger and small dio going I really liked that one.
    Thank you very much! The ranger is finished: http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/16595

Name:  20180210-Strider-DSC_2459.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  823.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EpicMiniArt View Post
    Hi Werner,

I've not seen your work before but I'm really liking your work. I think your right on track with the textures. It's not something I've really tried but you've inspired me to try it, it looks very effective. Also your light source is really well balanced through the miniature. Well Done.. I'll check back in a few to see whats going on.
    Thank you. Glad to inspire you ;-)

You killed this textures effect!!’ Always a real pleasure watching you progress!!! Which I seemingly every time you look at a brush!!

You killed this textures effect!!’ Always a real pleasure watching you progress!!! Which I seemingly every time you look at a brush!!
    Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it

Next update, still WIP almost finished:

Name:  20180318_212030-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  803.6 KB

Hello, I finished the hair. What do you think?
    Next I know I have to add more hues in the face, I want a cold/winter feeling, any advice?

Name:  IMG_20180402_184548-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  710.9 KB

Your best face yet. See if any body disagrees you tell large marg sent ya!!! LOLOL

Your best face yet. See if any body disagrees you tell large marg sent ya!!! LOLOL
    ;-) thanks and what about the hair, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    Hello, I finished the hair. What do you think?
    Next I know I have to add more hues in the face, I want a cold/winter feeling, any advice?

Name:  IMG_20180402_184548-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  710.9 KB
    Normally for warmer tones I’d suggest tiny glazes of yellow in the highlight areas to add warmth, but for a cold winterwind chill factor very thin glazes of the palest blue instead. Then strengthen the red around the nostrils and the cheeks going into the beard.

You could do a google image search for Ned Stark and see if you can pick out suitable colours from a photo.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I agree with DR on the Tones your liking to add. As for the hair the very top part that would be considered perpedicular(right angle) to the imaginary light source rays coming down should get a bit of and very sparingly smoking if yellow brown maybe in the trails of snakebite leather but a bit brighter so a snakebite leather with a bit of bleached bone(a dot) mixed together and applied. Look to the box art where they would be on the top. It’ll guide you. But this is fabulous work Werner !!!

Thanks all for the positive comments and advices to improve. I'll certainly give it a try!