So there's another upcoming tournament using the ETC rules. Last year I entered and finished 9th out of 130 people so was pretty happy. This year hwoever they've ruled no big stuff over 550 points - goodbye supremacy suit. So I need to come up with something to fix that. So behold my list, thoughts. criticisms, suggestions all welcome I'm aiming for a top 5 this year!

commander - drone controller + 2 marker drones
+
5 marker drones

Fireblade
+
10 fire warriors

10 fire warriors

Stormsurge

2 broadsides - High yield missiles

2 broadsides - High yield missiles

Shieldline - 60

6 pathfinders.

Optimised stealth cadre:

6 stealth suits - 2 w/split fire and fusion blasters

6 stealth suits - 2 w/split fire and fusion blasters

2 Ghostkeel - Ion rakers, split fire and interceptor

The plan is relatively simple, the fireblade squad and pathfinders deploy in the shieldline giving them the extra manouverability to capture objectives as well as allowing the fire warriors to double up their shots. It obviously provides them with the added cover and re-rolling 1's to hit as well.

The buffmander will jump about the board using his drones to target the high priority targets at bs5 and 7 drones I should be putting down a fair few markers.

Missilesides will aim to pop the lighter transports and any troops relying on cover.

Stormsurge is obviously there to make a mess. The first round he'll deploy anchors, drop the blast templates in the middle of their line/towards a high priority target. The D missiles will obviousl launch towards whatever big mean thing they've brought to the table. Smart missiles and cluster missiles to target the troops.

The stealth will start midway on the board, moving up on my turn to get close and hurl some fire. The fusions will target vehicles and the bursts will hit troops before hopping back to cover for that sweet 2+ cover save.

The ghostkeels will support the stealth suits. Given their range if I get first turn they'll have to move up, but their jump moves should keep them out of trouble. Given that each model can use it's countermeasures once per game I can keep any enemy unit on the backfoot by making it snapshot. Given that I'm expecting riptide wings that'll be a pain in the ass for them.

So yeah, thoughts, comments, suggestins...tirade of hate because I play tau...