Promo Problem - Ruining Kickstarter item

Thread: Promo Problem - Ruining Kickstarter item

Default Promo Problem - Ruining Kickstarter item

Okay so I spent $19 for the "Plastic Token Pack", for Arcadia quest, and it looks like my kickstarter purchase should be arriving some time mid-late January. (Yay!)

A couple hours ago I just noticed that Cool Mini Or Not put out a Promo item for Arcadia Quest in the Brettspiel Avent Calendar, which is a "Healing Fountain" tile, which is revealed via new cardboard exploration tokens.....which I'm assuming look like the rest of the current cardboard exploration tokens. (Which I was hoping to never need to use again when my new nicer plastic exploration tokens arrive.)

Do you see where I'm going with this? This promo has just ruined the new plastic token set, which I haven't even received yet. Either the plastic tokens are obsolete, or the new "Healing Fountain" promo item will need to not be used. But the two can't play nice together.....until such time as CMON releases a supplimental additional set of plastic tokens (two) for the "Healing Fountain".

So....is CMON planning to do this? (It seems unlikely.) I guess, if CMON makes them available, I could order an additional set of plastic tokens so I can alter two of them to make them into the Healing Fountain portals. Aaargh...I'll need to spend another $19 plus shipping to get another full set, just so I can re-appropriate 2 of them?!?! Ack!

So any plans to do something to help out here? I spent $19 on the plastic Tokens and $30 from some e-bay scalper to get the Healing Fountain promo...so $50 for two components that currently can't be used together.

I just ordered the fountain .. but afaik it just has 2 green teleports and an extra tile? Does it include exploration tokens?

The two green teleports are the exploration tiles. And now that I have them I've noticed an even further problem. The ink color they used for the teleport tiles does not exactly match the ink color of the original game's exploration tokens. Now that I noticed this, the color difference jumps out at me, and I can't help but see it. Which pretty much means everyone knows where the teleporter tiles are. (if you use the cardboard ones...which makes it even more imperative that we get Plastic tokens which are identical to the plastic tokens of the kickstarter. As a work around I plan on using the extra guild markers as the teleporters....maybe make my own custom stickers for them. And since I don't think you'd ever need all 8 guild tokens this ought to work, but still...it would be nice if there were plastic tokens made specifically for the promo item.

Quote Originally Posted by foosninja View Post
    The ink color they used for the teleport tiles does not exactly match the ink color of the original game's exploration tokens. Now that I noticed this, the color difference jumps out at me, and I can't help but see it. Which pretty much means everyone knows where the teleporter tiles are.
    I also received mine today. And i can confirm they are slightly lighter. Not sure if you really see it when on the board - but the difference is definitely there.
    Well, let's hope Inferno also comes with slightly lighter tokens - so when you mix them there's no way of telling the difference.

But yes, I can see it's tough when you have ordered the plastic tokens!

Quote Originally Posted by Teowulff View Post
    I also received mine today. And i can confirm they are slightly lighter. Not sure if you really see it when on the board - but the difference is definitely there.
    Well, let's hope Inferno also comes with slightly lighter tokens - so when you mix them there's no way of telling the difference.

But yes, I can see it's tough when you have ordered the plastic tokens!
    If you hav h platic tokens, would suggest uin 2 guild-tokens instea. Yu shoud alas ave 4 of thse spare.

Yeah, I've been doing that and it works, but it's not ideal.

New to all of this kickstarter stuff... where can I purchase the plastic token pack from for original Arcadia Quest? I search kickstarter and this site but can't find it???

There is only one Plastic Token Kit. But it works for all the scenarios, base game, nameless, beyond the grave, pets, Fall of Arcadia, and Inferno. The kit was just released with the Inferno kickstarter material. It doesn't look like they have it in their web store yet. Keep an eye out on the CMON web store in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by foosninja View Post
    There is only one Plastic Token Kit. But it works for all the scenarios, base game, nameless, beyond the grave, pets, Fall of Arcadia, and Inferno. The kit was just released with the Inferno kickstarter material. It doesn't look like they have it in their web store yet. Keep an eye out on the CMON web store in the coming months.
    Unfortunately I am new to kickstarter and as I've not made a pledge it appears I can't purchase the pack through kickstarter. I'm assuming I'll have to wait