rogue one

Thread: rogue one

Thumbs up rogue one

very impressed, liked it much better that episode 7 last year. (although that was good compared to the prequel trash)
    definitely a worthy companion with the original episode iv.

no silly teddy bears, hardy no cheese, very dark and not a feel good movie so has the empire SB feel.

my god I was impressed with the cgi of peter cushion, VERY GOOD!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Please.
    Name:  IMG_0901.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  192.8 KB

Have to agree, I'd put this episode 3.5 as the best of the whole bunch.
    Characters that had rich tones of 'Grey' instead of being the Black/White Bad guy/Good guy generic characters.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I definitely enjoyed it, but something about the closed nature of the story left me feeling a bit unsatisfied. Episode 7 wasn't perfect, but it gives us unanswered questions and story lines that can lead to lots of new places in episodes 8 and 9. I'm left imagining what might happen next. With Rogue One I know what happens next, Episode 4. Without going into too much detail, because it was so closely tied into Episode 4, you don't get many loose ends which could still be explored.

However, great characters and overall a very good movie. At some point I'll have to sit down and watch Rogue One followed by Episodes 4, 5, and 6. I'm interested to see how that might affect my opinion of it. Still, easily one the top 3, probably even top 2 of the franchise in my opinion. I'm just not quite ready to call it the best one.

Carrie fisher is dead at 60

RIP carrie fisher
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Can't believe Princess Leia is dead
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I kept falling asleep during it. Darned cinema seating was too comfortable, and I was very tired, going in.
    I'll have to see it again, but I enjoyed the 85.3% that I saw.

Blog Entries

I loved it, seen it twice now.

Name:  mural7point5.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  183.8 KB

The lady that sat behind us kept falling asleep as well.

I only know this because of the snoring....

I absolutely loved this movie. Best since the Originals.

I was bugged that there was no crawl at the beginning. Not overly bugged, but why would they break tradition on that?

Anyhow, wonderful story, great acting, great action...Makes me proud to be a Star Wars fan again!