What do you do while painting?

Thread: What do you do while painting?

Default What do you do while painting?

As the title suggests, what sorts of things do you like to do while painting? I usually watch/listen to music and/or YouTube/Netflix

Audiobooks, lots and lots of audiobooks.
    At the last count I've purchased 119 from Audible, plus dozens of 'remainders' on CD from 'The Works'.
    I tend to go for Urban Fantasy , Iron Druid, Jane Yellowrock, Alex Vera stuff but also Patrica Cornwall type as well as the complete Lord Peter Wimsey series which took me over a year to assemble properly.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Concentrate.

And perhaps some radio / nice music.

Concentrate
    Oh yes...this as well but I find that I concentrate better with something else to listen to, if that makes sense?

audio books and podcasts, music browse P&P/ CMON for inspiration and then do a bit of this...
    Name:  painting.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  38.7 KB
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Haha! I love that...I also do a fair bit of that lol

For shorter sessions, I put on my favourite radio station.
    When I know I'll be painting all day, I put on the Lord of the Rings movies.

I like to do audiobooks, or my latest thing is to move a little table into the living room and just have the boob tube on.

I used to have a nice setup in my 'hobby room', but as I'm renovating my family room, my hobby room has become the 'just throw it in here' room.

However, it's kinda fun to hang with my wife while painting, instead of hiding away in that room.

This last weekend was the first time that not only didn't my daughter look at me like an alien to be avoided at all costs, but asked if she could paint with me. (She is 14 and mum isn't cool at the best of times.) So we sat side by side at my work desk and she painted an old plastic ork while I painted assorted Warmachine figures.
    The usual idiot box warbling away in the background was replaced with me helping her with the basics.

Bullfrog that's cool!
    Two of my great nieces (I've 10) recently expressed interest in painting with me.
    The eldest I've even taken Urban Sketching, and she enjoyed it, even liked a couple out of my graphic novel collection.
    Seems I may have a cool factor after all.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    This last weekend was the first time that not only didn't my daughter look at me like an alien to be avoided at all costs, but asked if she could paint with me. (She is 14 and mum isn't cool at the best of times.) So we sat side by side at my work desk and she painted an old plastic ork while I painted assorted Warmachine figures.
    The usual idiot box warbling away in the background was replaced with me helping her with the basics.
    Always good to find something to bond over

I usually listen to music or the audio Bible (It's amazing how listening to epic stuff inspires creativity!! )
    For God and Country,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

I watch shows I've watched a million times before. Buffy, Angel, Breaking Bad........but it almost always reverts to Star Trek DS9.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    audio books and podcasts, music browse P&P/ CMON for inspiration and then do a bit of this...
    Name:  painting.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  38.7 KB
    That's great haha. Audio books and radio/music for me mostly. Also, really hoping either (or both!) of my nephew and niece will eventually want to start painting. Bit of a wait though...they only little snotlings right now