supervike's Monster Hunter International project (and various other things)

Thread: supervike's Monster Hunter International project (and various other things)

Default supervike's Monster Hunter International project (and various other things)

Heya!

A year ago or so, I began a little Project of turning miniatures into Monster Hunter International characters.

Monster Hunter International is a Urban Fantasy set of novels written by Larry Corriea, and put out by Baen books.

I stumbled across it on Audible, as I listen to a lot of audio books. I quickly became hooked to the insane world.

There are 5 novels out by the Author, and another 2 co-authored by John Ringo. There are several more in the works.

It's just such a fun setting, especially for a miniatures game.

Here's a link to my blog, which I've devoted to it.

http://supervikes.blogspot.com/ If you scroll back to Nov. of 2015, that was the start of this project.

I think I'll post new stuff here, occasionally.

Here's what I've painted this year (so far)

And some homely looking Zombies.

Name:  zombiespan2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  426.1 KB

nice to see you posting some of your work SV.
    I likey
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Oh man, I LOVE MHI! And you're right, it would make a cool game. I look forward to your other figures. Would love to see your versions of Owen and Franks. The ones you got are nicely painted.

Here's my Owen Pitt, and two Versions of Agent Franks:

Attachment 54459

Attachment 54465

I did two versions of Franks, cuz I really didn't care for the first one. The 2nd one (much larger) is a Heroclix mini...Tombstone or something like that. I just sculpted some shades on him. I like his intimidation factor, but he still looks kinda goofy. The search for a perfect mini continues!!

For Owen Pitt, I used another Heroclix, this time Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. I like the way he turned out, even with my cack handed sculpting!

Attachment 54461

I sculpted the body armor, some hair, changed the knife to a khukri and tried to turn that space gun into Abomination....

I'm not a great painter or sculptor, but finding and converting miniatures to 'fit' within the MHI world is a blast for me.

My blog has more detailed info, or for just a quick look at all the MHI characters I have done you can check out my Facebook MHI Gallery.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/supervik...79547888916504

I'd love to hear suggestions or ideas on which minis to use for any characters. Or better yet, see other people's take on it.

holy hell, sorry about the life sized photo of Drax!

Nice work. I really like the red highlight under the zombies eyes.

Loving the Owen fig. Nice work on molding the vest, looks like it was manufactured that way. I checked the FB page (and Liked it btw) and love all the work you've done. You're inspiring me to learn the sculpting side of this hobby so I can convert my own minis into whatever I want. Very cool!

My latest additions to my little project.

A recurring character in the series, Grant Jefferson is a uber rich playboy type. Great close up fighter, talented with a sniper rifle, and is filled with charm and charisma. He starts the series out as Julie Shacklefords boyfriend, and slight nemesis to Owen Pitt.

Eventually Jefferson leaves the contractor world of Monster Hunting, and joins the Government version of it.

This represents him as a Monster Control Bureau Agent

And a couple of Brothers (seen here with a random Zombie) from Team Haven. Monster Hunters from the Rocky Mountain Region.

I used some Spectre miniatures for the Brothers, and a Frothers Unite leg chomping zombie.

This really looks like a fun and whimsical project.