Thread: Newbie family asks a couple ?'s

Default Newbie family asks a couple ?'s

Hello all. Our family got "The Black Plague" from Santa for Christmas. The wife and daughter and I are a few quests in and enjoying it a bunch so far. Got the NPC-2 add on coming as well as a guest box. Our questions are this,

1. Does the experience bar reset in between quests?

2. Are the Vault cards given up at the end of the quests and if not...

3. Where can we get more Vault cards currently?

Thanks for any help/insight. -FWD

Quote Originally Posted by First World Dad View Post
    Hello all. Our family got "The Black Plague" from Santa for Christmas. The wife and daughter and I are a few quests in and enjoying it a bunch so far. Got the NPC-2 add on coming as well as a guest box. Our questions are this,

1. Does the experience bar reset in between quests?

2. Are the Vault cards given up at the end of the quests and if not...

3. Where can we get more Vault cards currently?

Thanks for any help/insight. -FWD

Santa's a great guy isn't he :-)

To answer your questions:

1: It doesn't scale, it's reset each game, but I have adapted some House Rules for a campaign style game, where equipment is kept and experience carries.

2: The Vault Cards are given out when the Player enters each Vault, so you will already have these each game, each Vault....

3: The additional Vault cards will come with the Notoriously Plagued Characters packs (NPC-1 and NPC-2) 3 per set, so if you brought them both, you'd have 6 additional Vault cards. The Wulfsburg expansion doesn't come with any Vault Cards but does include some very powerful new weapons, which could also be shuffled in as 'special' weapons.

What Guest Box did you order? I am new to the game too, and have the Marc Simonetti and Adrian Smith Guest Boxes. The Cadence Character is great, with her Marksman skill, and once in the Orange and equipped with a Long Bow, she can potentially fire off 5 3+ hits up to 3 squares away and also choose her targets, she's the perfect Medieval Sniper :-)

Look forward to hearing more about your adventures :-)

Cheers

KA

We got the Naiade Guest Box. I was wondering if the Vault equipment was given up at the end of each quest but your first answer took care of that too. The wife and I both played a bit of HeroQuest when we were younger and are hooked, but to keep interest up with the kids I think we will adapt some similar house rules. Thanks for the info!

All equipment is usually returned at the end of the scenario. They'll be available next time from the vaults again. (unless the vaults aren't in the scenario, but I don't think that's the case for any of the existing scenarios.)

If you use house rules that could change, but then the vaults aren't worth much if all the cards are held by players.

Enjoy.