Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skarekrow is in need of getting better.

well thank you, i loved painting that mini, think i finished in a day or so.

Great use of colours
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

thanks, i seem to be repeating my thanks, gets a bit monotonous, i blame it on not having english as my first language and being tired.

it felt really cool to get the abby up on top last 7 days, never happened before, thats awesome, thanks all who voted.

tomorrow i will try to get some pics of my finished iron painter part one submission.....
    cheers all.

Are you sure you haven't posted here before?
    I'm certain I*ve seen those gangers, precisely the see-through one, in a WIP before..

Quote Originally Posted by Iateyourbananas View Post
    Are you sure you haven't posted here before?
    I'm certain I*ve seen those gangers, precisely the see-through one, in a WIP before..
    i posted a long time ago, still have the gangers on a shelf.

on another note i just finished and submitted the karnagh.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think this thread can change name to "Skarekrow is getting better, a lot better". He looks great.

thank you oistene, sadly not everyone seems to think so yet. i´ll see what i finish next, perhaps its gonna get better.

I agree with Oistene. This latest mini looks really good!

thanks but its trailing the aberration by one point plus.

i will have to do better somehow.

Dont focus so much on the points given by others, do what you like and strive forward, develop what you like

I like the latest figure that you have done, seen pic from swedish facebook group I think...

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretcher View Post
    Dont focus so much on the points given by others
    That.

Both minis are painted to a really high level. If I may offer a point of improvement, perhaps the transitions on the skin could be smoothed out a little more. Outstanding stuff though
    error 404: signature not found

thank you foxtail, yeah, i have to work on the smoothness i guess. thank you, this is what i feel like i need, some help.

so, on that note i tried some different ways of achieving some smoother blends on this stormcast since i have a bunch lying around. the technique i did on the back here seems to work quite nicely. it could of course get better with practice so thats what im gonna try.... paint a unit of these till i get the hang of it.

thats looking nice and smooth to me. very good placement of light, I'm wondering if you need some tiny specular white high lights to sell the shine a little more though?

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking solid, blends here are much smoother! Layers and plenty of water. Water water everywhere and not a drop to...Oh bollocks...Mnnnn painty....
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

thanks guys, yeah perhaps i shall add some pure white dots here and there to get it right. i just finished the golden armour on him and later today i hope to be able to finish the shield as well and glue him together properly

Looking very cool, mate. Awesome models you've cooked up.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

so, not only am i lazy, im slow too, but heres how far i came today. not certain if i like it but its something at least. i guess an army of them would look kind of cool.

oh and sorry for the awful pictures, dont know why they came out so bad.

Nice metals. Really looks like he has been through the fire.