Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Skarekrow is in need of getting better.

thank you krulebear, i added the scratches etc to the least evenly shaded areas, everything to try and trick the eyes.

so im feeling a bit disheartened, didnt make it above bronze tier in the iron painter comp. not done yet though im gonna do them all but still. next theme is "water everywhere", dont really know what to do for it but i´ll figure it out tomorrow i guess.

so i seriously need to up everything, expect some pic soon... also i guess i need to paint popular models since they generally have proved to be more prone to comments etc.

but right now it just feels weird....

i will try to finish the stormcast soon, but i also had to start on my second submission in the iron painter competition. so i give you my ogroid thaumaturge wip.

comments?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like it! The skintones great and really makes the scarification pop. Good choice...Good choice.

ED: Also, looking back. Progress on that Warhammer Marine is awesome. Leaps and bounds, can't see a massive arena for improvement tbh looks like you're taking to it like a duck to water.
    Last edited by Torn blue sky; 10-12-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

thank you, i can always improve so if you have any i´ll take any advice

Blog Entries

Trying to remember how to paint again right now tbh lol
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

i know what thats like, i just recently started painting for anything other than gaming again for the first time in like 10 years.

Blog Entries

Aye it's a swine. Worst bit, I have to admit, is getting decent pictures now. Headaches abound... Still, looking cracking for 10 years off! Kinda reminds me of behemoth from the FF franchise tbh.

yeah, pics have always been my main flaw, its horribly difficult to get it good enough to represent the paintjob.
    i did paint some armystuff for myself but this time around im gonna do some competitions too.
    yeah its very similar to them and the big guys from rackhams drune range.

Liking the skin texture
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

thank you ten ball, im pretty proud of it, got the inspiration from pavjkes version of this model.

so, update, i kept going yesterday and this is where its at today, i will keep working the cloth a bit though.

since the theme of this part of the competition is "water, water everywhere" i thought that not only will i have a waterbase but alsoput references to water in the mini itself. the freehand is the first part of this, i added some somewhat wave-like stuff and then several triangles pointing down (the alchemical symbol for water is a downwards pointing triangle) to the bottom of the cloth as well as a tzeentchian symbol.

whaddya think?

Blog Entries

I'm really loving this, it's coming together almost effortlessly! The transitions from the lavander purple to the dark purple in the hands really struck me as awesome while the splash of blue really seems to center everything.

thanks, hopefully i can keep it up.

thats looking grand, really nice colour choice and the skin looks nicely done. good stuff.

just a small update today, didnt get too much done yesterday or today (damn work getting in the way)

Blog Entries

Really liking how this is progressing, bit snowed under myself so I have the feels on work etc. The scarification could be smoother blended, kina liked the way it was really but i'm sure you have a direction for that. Guessing that's still a WIP. Other than that, this is probably my most anticipated WIP right now.

thanks that a great compliment, yeah the scarification is gonna get blended more, just looking for how the colours work together right now.

got a bit effective last night, im gonna go over the left leg again a bit and also the nmm needs to get better. today i might finish the skin on him and let you see the other side as well.

Blog Entries

Cooking on gas! Production on this thing is great. I think if I were asked to visualize this as a completed concept just looking at the bare bones, this is probably what i'd envisage.

The texture and freehand on the loin cloth is excellent. As others have said the color variations and blends in the skin are awesome.