Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A WhIP to skip (silasvb's WIP and painting log)

one tip on the leopard pattern.

I painted a similar pattern on a Conf figure the following easy way:
    - put an undiluted blob of Agrax Earthshade (or similar product from other manufacturer) on the cloth. Actually it's better to pattern the whole, as it reduces the time in step 2
    - wait a bit until the edge of the blob dries a bit forming a circle (that we usually try to avoid when using washes / diluted colors), but not long enough to let it dry the whole way
    - with a brush touch the middle, so it sucks up the excess paint,leaving you with a shape, with strong dark edge, and a somewhat lighter middle.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    one tip on the leopard pattern.

I painted a similar pattern on a Conf figure the following easy way:
    - put an undiluted blob of Agrax Earthshade (or similar product from other manufacturer) on the cloth. Actually it's better to pattern the whole, as it reduces the time in step 2
    - wait a bit until the edge of the blob dries a bit forming a circle (that we usually try to avoid when using washes / diluted colors), but not long enough to let it dry the whole way
    - with a brush touch the middle, so it sucks up the excess paint,leaving you with a shape, with strong dark edge, and a somewhat lighter middle.
    That's a great suggestion. Zooming in on my pic, I think I might have already achieved the technique a little by accident on her torso

A couple of new submissions added to my gallery. I'd really appreciate the clicks to get me to 50 ratings, as these guys are a distinct improvement to my previous work but currently not rated enough to influence my score

http://www.coolminiornot.com/421490?browseid=4722817

http://www.coolminiornot.com/421489?browseid=4722817

Voted buddy
    error 404: signature not found

Voted as well! It is nice to see final shots of your Mansions investigators. Are you enjoying the game?