Kumaccio's WIP - mostly Warhammer twisted paintings - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: Kumaccio's WIP - mostly Warhammer twisted paintings

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    On the pics,..

    1) use a backdrop (it helps limit the focal area that the camera sees)

    2) light from the front (maybe slightly off to one side or the other. a 2 or 3 light setup would be preferred)

    Otherwise, it seems to be in focus pretty well. After a few more shots, we can look at camera settings

    Eheh I know, my gf usually takes pics for me, she cares more than I honestly do... I see her setting all those lights and caring very very deeply ahaha it's time I should start learning some tricks I guess

  2. #22

    Default

    Yup, pics are more than ok for a WIP thread, but not that much for presenting to people on a "gallery".
    By the way your freehand is still amazing. ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

  3. #23

    Default

    This don't happen often but I'm really impressed by both your technical and freehand technique in this fabulous miniature ainting world we as artists perpetuate into a living entity! Besides all the wonderful work with the freehand ill compliment on something else!! The face in the pilot (aviator) naval bust is well worked!!! The diff tones incorporated I to the face deg gives this piece life outside if just a well painted bust!!! Encore encore encore!!!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Yup, pics are more than ok for a WIP thread, but not that much for presenting to people on a "gallery".
    By the way your freehand is still amazing. ^^
    Gracias por tus complimentos, aquì en Italia todo el mundo modelistico se refere a la cualidad de las hobras de los Espanyoles en este hobby

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    This don't happen often but I'm really impressed by both your technical and freehand technique in this fabulous miniature ainting world we as artists perpetuate into a living entity! Besides all the wonderful work with the freehand ill compliment on something else!! The face in the pilot (aviator) naval bust is well worked!!! The diff tones incorporated I to the face deg gives this piece life outside if just a well painted bust!!! Encore encore encore!!!
    Thank you very much BloodASmedium, you are one of those painters that can be called artist. I've followed your works from the shadows, I will try to praise your works more often since I have everything to learn from you all.
    Thank you for your compliments for my freehand, I was kinda amazed of how I managed to do it at first. I'm not really amazed of it atm, but as we all painters know, we are the first and more aggressive critics of our own works... But honestly, you can tell from where I started to test my freehand in this piece, from the start to the fulcrum and to the end of the work.
    At the start I was too feared to touch anything I managed to get with the first layers, so I left it like it was at the beginning. At some point of the work I lost inspiration and will so I took some weeks break because I didn't know what else to paint. Then I decided to start again with the holy light of the emperor upon me, I found a great image of that imperial skull and decided to test me again and withing some hours I got a nice job... The days later I decided to go balls deep, pass me the term, into the grey knight artworks so I decided to add it to the holy chainsword and to the legs... But as you can see the freehands are not even comparable to the rest... because I wanted to end the job so much I quickly ended everything.
    Sorry if these makes not much sense, it was a long journey for my standards... Never again ahahah
    As for the minibust I thank you. I tried something different from fantasy, and I hope I will learn more from my mistakes. I'd like to add more colours aswell as more tones. When I'll continue it I will sure keep the thread updated

  5. #25

    Default

    A couple more of pics from another project, a Roman Centurion from Pegaso Models.
    Name:  FPHpMx6.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  32.7 KB
    Name:  hRafzoe.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  31.4 KB
    Its a 75mm model, even though I should be used to so tiny heads it was a whole other story. As you can imagine this is my second attempt to paint a realistic skintone. Gotta find my way

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumaccio View Post
    Gracias por tus complimentos, aquì en Italia todo el mundo modelistico se refere a la cualidad de las hobras de los Espanyoles en este hobby /...
    We have some very good "maestros" around in our place, but italians have great masters too and here, on these forums, you'll find some excellent painters/people too!

    Anyway I am very far away in skills from all of them... but that's not your case! Your work, or the few I have seen looks excellent to me! Will try to help if I can, or at least will come around to watch your work develop and learn what I can. ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

  7. #27

    Default

    Do not despair brothers, I will soon come back to post more photos.
    I had some problems with my girlfriend... but now everything is fine and I will be back on painting as fast as I can

  8. #28

    Default

    Ok, this is the last pic before complication with my girlfriend, before I return to the brushes I fear it will take a little bit more time.
    Anyway:
    Pietro Caputo, Captain of a Guelphs division during the Battle of Benvento in 1266 between Charles of Anjou and Manfred:
    Name:  j1Om8Bq.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  86.7 KB
    His shield and heraldry:
    Name:  2Gea4al.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  55.3 KB

    Obviously everything in WIP ahahah

  9. #29

    Default

    Hello guys.
    Sorry if I haven't uploaded anything until now. I actually went through a very bad period. I splitted with my now ex girlfriend and moved out of our home, got back to my parents and... well you know how these things goes.
    So today after a 4 month break I just prepared everything and did some painting! What a great feeling !
    I wanted to add some stuff to my Imperial Knight that has been sitting in my new empty desk since I moved here. Lack of colors and brushes and everything made me hesitant for a long period but today I took courage and just did some minor changes.
    First of all I didnt like how empty was the frontal chestplate compared to all the other plates. So I decided to add some putti holding the paper. I didnt know if I could manage to do them since I have like no skintone but I managed with some crazy mixing some resemblance of skin I went into it:

    Secondly I wasnt satisfied, as you suggested me, about the black areas. The skulls coming out of the shadows were too hard to see at all and black was too flat. With the few colours I have I decided to spice the thing a bit. While painting I had a crazy idea you will probably not notice yet since I still need to make more contrast but I'm happy with how its coming. Black areas now are some coal burning in the distant darkness ! ahahahah


    Sorry for the bad quality pics but I'm working with what I was able to move

  10. #30

    Default

    Some amazing stuff going on here bud!!!

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Some amazing stuff going on here bud!!!
    Thank you so much, its so good to be back at painting <3

  12. #32

    Default

    Like a phoenix rising from its ashes... rebuild yourself my painter unknown friend...
    This monster mini looks even better than before....oO' !!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Like a phoenix rising from its ashes... rebuild yourself my painter unknown friend...
    This monster mini looks even better than before....oO' !!
    Tengo que hacerlo... despacito despacito!
    I don't remember if I actually updated to the last part but I added quite a few trinkets here and there.
    The last additions were done quickly and I dont actually like them but I'll try to fix them now that I have more time, but less tools ahahaha

  14. #34

    Default

    It's nice to see you back mate. Sorry about the tough times you've been going through.

    This knight seems like a great canvas for your talent at freehand and certainly looks impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

  15. #35
    Freak! SaintToad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Just found your thread, so
    1) sorry about the girlfriend.
    2) really nice painting, especially some of the freehands you've done. You have some real talent there!
    3) welcome! I hope we see many great projects coming to life on your WIP.

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    It's nice to see you back mate. Sorry about the tough times you've been going through.

    This knight seems like a great canvas for your talent at freehand and certainly looks impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Just found your thread, so
    1) sorry about the girlfriend.
    2) really nice painting, especially some of the freehands you've done. You have some real talent there!
    3) welcome! I hope we see many great projects coming to life on your WIP.
    Thank you so much for your comments, it's an honour such compliments from some good artists like you! I hope you can give me some good advices to improve my projects !

  17. #37

    Default

    Really nice work on that Titan Knight! awesome painting!

  18. #38

    Default

    That freehand is amazing! Love the way you have painted flesh-tones too, looking forward to seeing more!

  19. #39

    Default

    Well, that's a thing. Seriously, what else is there to say? I agree with what everyone else has said: the free hand is absolutely stunning and has a very 40K vibe to it, it could have been lifted directly from one of their illustrations.

    If I did have to critique something it would be the metallics which seem just a tad lifeless and the scroll work on the gun barrel that comes across as a tiny bit flat.

    But seriously, amazing freehand.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tee888 View Post
    Really nice work on that Titan Knight! awesome painting!
    Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by Replica View Post
    That freehand is amazing! Love the way you have painted flesh-tones too, looking forward to seeing more!
    I hope to do more works aswell, I love so much painting
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiarcus View Post
    Well, that's a thing. Seriously, what else is there to say? I agree with what everyone else has said: the free hand is absolutely stunning and has a very 40K vibe to it, it could have been lifted directly from one of their illustrations.

    If I did have to critique something it would be the metallics which seem just a tad lifeless and the scroll work on the gun barrel that comes across as a tiny bit flat.

    But seriously, amazing freehand.
    Thank you for your compliments but thank you even more for your critiques. I will look into the metallics since I dont like them aswell. While for the gun barrell I wanted to do some resemblance of an engraved barrell. I will continue the drawings on it and see how it feels once completed, but firstly I need to rebuy some colours ahahah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->