Maybe the world really has gone off the rails....PETA against GW

Thread: Maybe the world really has gone off the rails....PETA against GW

Default Maybe the world really has gone off the rails....PETA against GW

I just saw this and It convinced me that maybe the world has gone completely nuts :

"Animal rights group PETA demands Games Workshop remove 'fur' pelts from its Warhammer 40,000 figures"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4174882/PETA-demands-Games-Workshop-remove-fur-Warhammer.html

Yeah, I hope it's just like one or two people at PETA with too much time on their hands and not something that the organization as a whole actually thinks is important. I love animals and don't condone animal cruelty, but I think most sane people realize that plastic fur on little plastic miniatures is not going to inspire people to go out and start skinning wolves to dress like Leman Russ. Then again, some cosplayers do take this sort of stuff very seriously... :P

Tru dat. I heard Leo is a hardcore Space Wolf cosplayer...

eesh o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

If they were using real fur on the models, then maybe I could see it. But the is fantasy fur, completely sculpted from clay. No animals were harmed in the sculpting of the model,.. so what's the problem???
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

honestly this must be the most flogged horse in history. i think the whole PETA thing has been shared at least 10 times in every miniature related page on Facebook and shared by half of my friends there. yes, I know it was a ridiculous letter but the whole thing had blown out of proportions. all PETA did was to write a (silly) letter to GW (that i myself couldve written in five minutes) to have in mind for future releases not to have so much fur on the miniatures. its not like they are protesting outside gw stores.

like Chad wrote though, it did temporary take some focus from US politics which was the only good thing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Tru dat. I heard Leo is a hardcore Space Wolf cosplayer...

eesh o_O
    rofl. That puts it in perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    honestly this must be the most flogged horse in history. i think the whole PETA thing has been shared at least 10 times in every miniature related page on Facebook and shared by half of my friends there. yes, I know it was a ridiculous letter but the whole thing had blown out of proportions. all PETA did was to write a (silly) letter to GW (that i myself couldve written in five minutes) to have in mind for future releases not to have so much fur on the miniatures. its not like they are protesting outside gw stores.

like Chad wrote though, it did temporary take some focus from US politics which was the only good thing with this.
    I'll admit to a FFS moment when I first saw it, then thought someone's taking the P*ss.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Well, Reaper's official response to this issue is hilarious:

Our Stance on Fur Depicted on Miniatures
    Posted on 02-02-17

With all the kerfluffle going on regarding fur on miniatures, we here at Reaper Miniatures would like to issue a brief statement regarding this deeply troubling issue.

We take this matter very seriously. We love our animal friends very much. This is why we have never, ever sculpted real fur onto any of our models. All fur depicted on any Reaper miniature is 100% synthetic "faux" fur. Any other type of fur depictions would just be irresponsible and unethical.

In the same vein, none of the leather textures on our models should be construed as leather, rather they should be interpreted as Naugahyde, or simply pleather. Nor should any flesh be considered flesh, but Soylent Green.

Again, we appreciate your time and thank you for your support.

I saw this letter on another site and had pretty much the same laugh about it as everyone else. Seems like GW have also had a smile on their face as they posted this article on their 'Regimental Standard' website :-https://regimental-standard.com/2017...r-the-emperor/
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Just read that article and had a great laugh.... thanks for that!

"Shoot the foe. This is not limited to a single las blast or round. You may continue shooting the foe until long after he has fallen, blasting apart his body until nothing remains to threaten the sanctity of the Imperium.
    Cut the foe. This can take the form of a stabbing or slashing motion. You may use knives, swords and other implements to remove limbs and maim. You may even impale the foe’s body on a polearm as a warning to others of the fate that awaits them should they stray from the Emperor’s path.
    Crush the foe. Whether under the iron might of a Leman Russ battle tank or the bludgeoning blows of a rock, you may mash the foe’s bones and beat him to a bloody pulp.
    What you may NOT do is wear any part of the foe. Not even if they are vicious Clawed Fiends, deadly Khymerae, or ferocious Squigs."

LOL!!!!!

For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

"Pleather", I even cracked a smile at that one.