This forums PM system...

Thread: This forums PM system...

Default This forums PM system...

...really %&¤#% annoys me!
    So a guy send me a question via PM, i and cannot respond because the persons inbox is full. digging around but I cant find any email etc = No way to communicate to the person (?) = me being an arrogant a$$ (sort of) not responding to PM's.

i hope you folks have checked your inboxes because its not that much space allowed for non-subscribers.

rant out.

And remember that sent messages count too!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

I am a subscriber and am a huge fan of cmon however in the spirit of constructive feedback I must say that the site is very dated. It needs an upgrade.

For example there are systems it doesn't like at all for example internet explorer. Trying to type on the forums using that is a bloody nightmare! Constantly freezing letters and spaces not working etc etc.

Also posting on the gallery is not user friendly limited size of pics and you can't post more than one unless you create a collage outside of CMON what's that all about? Other sites such as putty and paint manage to do this no problem so there is no excuse really for that.

Also the lack of a mobile version can be a nghtmare too. Having idy bidy little buttons to press on screen on a phone can be very vexing indeed.

That at said the structure of the forums is good and there are worse sites out there but let's be honest the interface has not been updated in the last 13 years and it really shows its age now.

Not ranting just saying it's time it really is.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

+1 To what AndyG states.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

The gallery / forum part of the site quite simply hasn't been updated since forever unfortunately. It would need a large overhaul, but it demands time and money I guess.

Has CMON considered upgrading the site? I would think with all the great games they have been putting out and their Kickstarters that a up to date and robust forum would lead to more sales and allow them to capitalize on the Crystal Brush competition.

It really jumps out at me this week as Reaper just upgraded and its forum to make it more friendly and their activity seems to grow with every Kickstartet they run....whereas cmon's forum just drags along. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.ph...e-discussion/&

Another rant please update the bloody system it just doesn't work with certain OS such as oh you know the most used ones in the world like windows 10!!!!!!!!!

No excuse for this other than cant be arsed-ness. Please enter the current decade!!!!

Rant over.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    The gallery / forum part of the site quite simply hasn't been updated since forever unfortunately. It would need a large overhaul, but it demands time and money I guess.
    Ill do it free of charge.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    +1 To what AndyG states.
    BTW buddy, I just logged in for the first time in awhile and saw ur msg, but could not respond for the reasons Stefan mentioned. I'll have to either update my account or erase all of my messages, but in either case you will hear from me soon
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

well, i really liked the endless collages here on CMON, it was really cool feature comparing to P&P. it`s a shame that the uploaded images have not only width but length restrictions too now, i see this as a serious threat to CMON popularity among painting folk (that not the best for last 2-3 years).
    Available for commissions. Check the gallery to see my best.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    BTW buddy, I just logged in for the first time in awhile and saw ur msg, but could not respond for the reasons Stefan mentioned. I'll have to either update my account or erase all of my messages, but in either case you will hear from me soon
    ^^ No worries, happy to read you... and they should hire you ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatan View Post
    .../it`s a shame that the uploaded images have not only width but length restrictions too now, i see this as a serious threat to CMON popularity among painting folk (that not the best for last 2-3 years).
    I also had issues uploading my last picture (if you have a look it is horizontal instead of the normal vertical style), lenght is the more important issue, because it affects people that uses the gallery on the mobile phone!!
    It also affects people using Pinterest/Instagram/Facebook, like me, because, the usual thing is using those apps. on a mobile, and literally, there are tons of pictures on pinterest from the Cmon Gallery! I can imagine that they generate visits and attract potential subscriptions/buyers.

So in the end the "not updated/spam filled/compatibility issues/quirky performance" forum will generate a snowball of cancelled subscriptions or users migrating to other places. IMHO
    Last edited by Maenas; 03-27-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: improving/correcting grammar and typos
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I just think please pleas please sort it. It's a great forum but as regards putting up pictures i stopped doing that years ago it's just to crap and I can't be arsed with the effort and annoyance
    Here be my ranking=