Thread: New starter and starter boxes

Default New starter and starter boxes

I'm looking at Dark-Age real close, especially the new starter boxes, so I was wondering what people think of them?

The CORE seems the best value $ wise but are the contents actually competitive or will half the box end up on the shelf never to see the gaming table?

The Dragyri look interesting as do the Outcasts (but their box only saves a few $).
    The Forsaken could work as could the Skarrd (or at least the less S&M minis).

Kukulkani do nothing for me aesthetically so they are out.
    The Brood look interesting but as they will be getting an update next I'm not sure I want to invest in those at this time.

The new 2 player starter also looks interesting but I'm just a little concerned about the material used.

So - which starter box do you think is the most playable?

Looking at the cost of the individual components, is the new 2 player starter box pieces going to be plastic? The metal prices are close to $150, so I would assume they are plastic.

I can confirm that the new 2 Player Starter set is plastic.

i think youll get use out of the starter box models for any of them. i have almost all the kukulkani models, and i end up using them all just to change things up.

the two player starter is hard plastic, and i would say they have great detail. the models go together quickly and youre talking 35$ for 450 points! its a steal. i didnt even plan to play those factions but its very fun to have a start.