Guawol's WIP Log - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guawol's WIP Log

Looking great

Default Oni of Blood

Finally had another chance to sit down and paint today. Made progress around the upper torso, so now just need to do the calves and feet, then I'll come back in start darkening the hands.
    Name:  3c Skin Shading.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  99.9 KBName:  3d Skin Shading.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  106.4 KB
    there is a larger contrast in the skin tones then the pics are showing, but the reflection of the light kind of drowns out some of it.

It is great to see you back at the painting table Guawol! This is such a cool mini to come back with too. The Rising Sun minis look top-notch and like they'd be fun to paint. I don't have anybody to play the board game with and I kind of want to buy some of the minis just to paint.

Everything is looking good on this guy so far! I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle those metal parts and some of the other fine details on this figure!

Nice start on this guy. CMON is on a role for publishing fun games with shit loads of sweet minis.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Nice start on this guy. CMON is on a role for publishing fun games with shit loads of sweet minis.
    Yeah that is one of the reasons Kickstarter is eating my soul/wallet. CMON keeps coming out with new games with a TON of stretch goal minis for free with backing.

Thanks Kuribo, it feels good to be back! Now if I only had more time to sit at the table and paint. Hopefully I'll get some time in this evening and will be able to post some progress photos in the next couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by Guawol View Post
    Yeah that is one of the reasons Kickstarter is eating my soul/wallet. CMON keeps coming out with new games with a TON of stretch goal minis for free with backing.
    And not just CMON... Boy, Kickstarter got me real good over the past year.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Began working on the hands, I will keep applying glazes until there is a better transition between the hands and arms. I also began building up the brown base coat on parts I am going to try nmm gold again on.
    Name:  4a Hands.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  113.4 KBName:  4b Hands.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  109.8 KB

Nice job so far so good G!!!

looking good, I like the idea if using a different colour for the hands. works well.

Default Oni of Blood

Making progress slowly, started building up the yellow which I will eventually turn to gold.
    Name:  5a Gold.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  111.2 KBName:  5b Gold.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  109.3 KB

Coming along nicely man...

Looking fantastic. Keep her steady I can’t eait until this one is done!!!

Default Oni of Blood

Took today off work, because I felt like having a day to myself, which finally gave me some time to actually paint. I have made some progress, I just started on the steel, decide to use TMM for the steel parts and NMM for the gold (our at least try) that way I can practice both
    Name:  5c Gold.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  103.9 KBName:  5d Gold.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  101.2 KB
    I'll hopefully get a bit more done this evening.

Shiny shiny! ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Nice start on the NMM (I'm personnally a little scared to try it myself so it's inspiring).

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter0015 View Post
    Nice start on the NMM (I'm personnally a little scared to try it myself so it's inspiring).
    Thank you, NMM can be daunting to try, this is only my second time trying and I feel I could spend forever adjusting the darkness here, the highlights there and never make progress on the actual mini.

Very nice NMM and it really stands out against the red skin.

Default Oni of Blood

This isn't really and update on the mini, as I haven't done to much more since the last set of photos, I just got a new phone with a much better camera so I wanted to see if a difference can be seen on here.

Name:  New Camera 2.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  75.0 KBName:  New camera 1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  78.8 KB

What I did do, was do some minor highlights and washes on the steel, built up the basecoat for the leather, and the basecoat for a cool white. I have enjoyed this many quite a bit as I have got to practice painting flesh, nnm gold, tmm steel, textured leather, and cloth. A lot of different techniques to work with in one model.

Yessir cams much much better cleaner clearer Picts. Model itself seems pact with plenty of diff textures to learn new things. This is turning out t be s great job as well keep Er steady !!!