Thread: Haathor Mat's Progress Log

Default Haathor Mat's Progress Log

Hello everyone,

This little thread is intended to log my progress on my painting ventures (go figure right?). First up tonight is my current progress with Azhek Ahriman. Going with NMM and some subtle glow. At this point the armour is in various stages of completion. The gold sections are going to be pushed in contrast by adding in some more shading. I hope the picture is big enough...first time posting!

Name:  17361516_10158507144730571_2802840858937722158_n.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  63.3 KB

I genuinely thought that gold was metallic. Excellent work.
    Picture could do with being a bit bigger and sharper, so we could see your work, but everything's looking great so far.
    error 404: signature not found

Welcome
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    I genuinely thought that gold was metallic. Excellent work.
    Picture could do with being a bit bigger and sharper, so we could see your work, but everything's looking great so far.
    Thanks!

I haven't done NMM in a really...really long time so I am pleased with how it is pulling together. The pic itself is just a quick snap with my phone. I will get some proper ones later.

Welcome to the forum. The gold and red look good at arms length.

Sometimes just cropping the phone pict will help it rread better on the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Oooh, shiny!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been a long lurker...Sproket is one of my faves. He makes my paintbrushes weep. I'll have some new pictures soon!

welcome man, looking good that tzeench guy!

and yes we would all like to break sprockets fingers, lol!

SkelettetS
    welcome man, looking good that tzeench guy!

and yes we would all like to break sprockets fingers, lol!
    Your work is also awesome skelettetS. This whole site is made of super talented folks. I hope to learn and grow from being here!

Here are few more shoddy images of some items I am working on. First is a Space Wolf Wolf Guard Terminator with heavy flamer. My wolves are being painted in a quick and simple scheme...basically following the "Duncan" method of shading/highlighting. This is more of my intermittent army as I work on my pet project with the Thousand Sons.

Name:  15219510_627530887433278_1638511814636830489_n.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  69.1 KB

Next we have my Rhino with subtle, nuanced, conversions. The gunner's head is from the grey hunters, as is one of the shoulder pads. The Rhino has decorative wolf shields from...some...kit... I don't think you can see it but there is also a wolf talisman attached to the storm bolter.

Name:  15781638_637558709763829_456634488183997921_n.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  97.0 KB

And this guy is from a Silver Tower commission I have been working on done to the same level as my Space Wolves. I just wanted to share him because I absolutely love the look I got in this dude's hair.

Name:  15781685_637640763088957_5735186536377176637_n.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  73.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Everything's looking great, you were right to show off that dwarf, his hair is really good. Much better than the luminous orange.

Everything else is looking good as well!
    error 404: signature not found