Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Haathor Mat's Progress Log

  1. #1

    Default Haathor Mat's Progress Log

    Hello everyone,

    This little thread is intended to log my progress on my painting ventures (go figure right?). First up tonight is my current progress with Azhek Ahriman. Going with NMM and some subtle glow. At this point the armour is in various stages of completion. The gold sections are going to be pushed in contrast by adding in some more shading. I hope the picture is big enough...first time posting!


    Name:  17361516_10158507144730571_2802840858937722158_n.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  63.3 KB

  2. #2

    Default

    I genuinely thought that gold was metallic. Excellent work.
    Picture could do with being a bit bigger and sharper, so we could see your work, but everything's looking great so far.
    error 404: signature not found

  3. #3

    Default

    Welcome
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    I genuinely thought that gold was metallic. Excellent work.
    Picture could do with being a bit bigger and sharper, so we could see your work, but everything's looking great so far.
    Thanks!

    I haven't done NMM in a really...really long time so I am pleased with how it is pulling together. The pic itself is just a quick snap with my phone. I will get some proper ones later.

  5. #5

    Default

    Welcome to the forum. The gold and red look good at arms length.

    Sometimes just cropping the phone pict will help it rread better on the forum.

  6. #6

    Default

    Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

  7. #7

    Default

    Oooh, shiny!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks for the welcome!

    I've been a long lurker...Sproket is one of my faves. He makes my paintbrushes weep. I'll have some new pictures soon!

  9. #9

    Default

    welcome man, looking good that tzeench guy!

    and yes we would all like to break sprockets fingers, lol!

  10. #10

    Default

    SkelettetS
    welcome man, looking good that tzeench guy!

    and yes we would all like to break sprockets fingers, lol!
    Your work is also awesome skelettetS. This whole site is made of super talented folks. I hope to learn and grow from being here!

    Here are few more shoddy images of some items I am working on. First is a Space Wolf Wolf Guard Terminator with heavy flamer. My wolves are being painted in a quick and simple scheme...basically following the "Duncan" method of shading/highlighting. This is more of my intermittent army as I work on my pet project with the Thousand Sons.



    Name:  15219510_627530887433278_1638511814636830489_n.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  69.1 KB

    Next we have my Rhino with subtle, nuanced, conversions. The gunner's head is from the grey hunters, as is one of the shoulder pads. The Rhino has decorative wolf shields from...some...kit... I don't think you can see it but there is also a wolf talisman attached to the storm bolter.

    Name:  15781638_637558709763829_456634488183997921_n.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  97.0 KB

    And this guy is from a Silver Tower commission I have been working on done to the same level as my Space Wolves. I just wanted to share him because I absolutely love the look I got in this dude's hair.

    Name:  15781685_637640763088957_5735186536377176637_n.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  73.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #11

    Default

    Everything's looking great, you were right to show off that dwarf, his hair is really good. Much better than the luminous orange.

    Everything else is looking good as well!
    error 404: signature not found

  12. #12

    Default

    So today I finished my Ahriman. Here he can be seen via cell phone next to my son's (8) ork nob. Today marked his third first place win in the young guns category and I placed third in single miniature.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #13

    Default

    Congrats, and your son is really good for someone his age. That was when I started to place at local comps too and get the bug for serious. My daughter (7) is more about just slapping colors down with no plan and just paints with sheer joy and unfocused enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with that, I'll teach her control and technique when she is ready. I want her to just equate painting with fun times with dad
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Congrats, and your son is really good for someone his age. That was when I started to place at local comps too and get the bug for serious. My daughter (7) is more about just slapping colors down with no plan and just paints with sheer joy and unfocused enthusiasm. Nothing wrong with that, I'll teach her control and technique when she is ready. I want her to just equate painting with fun times with dad

    its been a long and fun road to get him to where he is. I got him started when he was about 3/4 and that was pretty much blob omg paint on the mini. Now I can get him to sit and help him bring his visiontolife. It was his idea to have black hair fade to red hair. He was super happy with how it turned out, as am I. Now we have about 30 more boys to paint before we pickup a new set lol!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haathormat View Post
    its been a long and fun road to get him to where he is. I got him started when he was about 3/4 and that was pretty much blob omg paint on the mini. Now I can get him to sit and help him bring his visiontolife. It was his idea to have black hair fade to red hair. He was super happy with how it turned out, as am I. Now we have about 30 more boys to paint before we pickup a new set lol!
    That is cool...I was happy this weekend when my 4yo painted a
    picture and the blue sky stayed in the sky and green grass onthe ground....without my goading him to do so.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2016 CMON Inc.

-->