Pet hates....

Thread: Pet hates....

Default Pet hates....

A few things that get my Goat:-

Putting my hands in oven gloves or my wood working gloves to find someone's used them and left a tonne of grit in the bottom. (Thank you sweetheart)

Italian style sauce that's 85% tomato puree/sauce 10% onion.

"Spicy" style food that's tasteless.

Chicken Pasta bake that hurts your eyes looking for the chicken. (1 2cubic cm piece)

Frozen Pasta dishes that you have to drain the water out of before you can eat them.

Mutant brained idiots that run down the ramp in a car park with 3 kids and a push chair as you turn onto it. (Big Effing sign saying No Pedestrians!)

Electric/Gas service touts who jump in front of you and say "Who's your supplier?" --
    My answer this morning.."None of your Damn business?"

Damn predictive text as well!
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 04-07-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

companies with no name signage, really piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Newbie, please be gentle Nomis-was-me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    A few things that get my Goat:-

Putting my hands in oven gloves or my wood working gloves to find someone's used them and left a tonne of grit in the bottom. (Thank you sweetheart)

Italian style sauce that's 85% tomatoe pure/sauce 10% onion.

"Spicy" style food that's tasteless.

Chicken Pasta bake that hurts your eyes looking for the chicken. (1 2cubic cm piece)

Frozen Pasta dishes that you have to drain the water out of before you can eat them.

Mutant brained idiots that run down the ramp in a car park with 3 kids and a push chair as you turn onto it. (Big Effing sign saying No Pedestrians!)

Electric/Gas service touts who jump in front of you and say "Who's your supplier?" --
    My answer this morning.."None of your Damn business?"

Damn predictive text as well!
    All of which seems to indicate conclusively that you are now OFFICIALLY an Old Fart..

Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomis-was-me View Post
    All of which seems to indicate conclusively that you are now OFFICIALLY an Old Fart..

Welcome to the club!
    YEAH!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

DON'T get me started but........

People who don't put their number out front of their house anymore. What? Do I have to start at the end of the street and count the bleeding houses and hope I get it right?

Ringing up a business only to get an automated response. If I have to press more than two options I'm obviously not going to give you my patronage. For those I have no choice than sitting through up to eleven selections followed by the freaking hash key (yes, my bank has eleven!) then whoever answers the phone had better be prepared for my complaints. Even more frustrating are those who don't have options you want.
    On the subject of annoying phone calls, I can't stand voice prompted options. Whatever voice recognition these businesses use they never get it right. It's like you are trying to talk to Siri's even slower inbred cousin. Now I just ring up and grunt so they fast track me to another person.
    Then there is hungry jacks drive through when you order two frozen cokes and after half a dozen attempts at repeating the wrong number on my order I have to resort to "Two. Two. TWO. You know, that number between one and three." Now I sound like an awful person...but I'm just frustrated.

Today I thought of something that has niggled at me for years......

I realise that many figure painters are male and as are the bulk of sculptors. However us girls are starting to show our numbers in this art form.
    So why,oh why are we under represented with eye candy miniatures? I don't think I've ever voted on a set of miniatures that doesn't include a few women of ill repute, disrobed damsels, scantily clad female warriors and others who obviously can't afford air conditioning unless it explains why they have their high beams on!
    So often the lack of clothing is inexplicable. Why would a female warrior be clad in just a thong and a small misplaced piece of armour that covers neither nether regions nor boobies? The choice seems even more confusing when male counterparts are fully clothed and armoured to stave off the chill of the snow adorning the base. Oh that's right. Thongs come in fur lined and battery heated. Only when thongs hide nothing where does she put those batteries?
    All damsels must have fought hard for their freedom before being captured so it seems plausible that their clothing would be torn. They must be the unluckiest damsels as the tears almost always show at least one, if not both boobies. Whereas Scale 75's naked all bar a robe Leonidas is lucky enough to have said robe billow up unnaturally and hide the baloney. I say no fair.
    I guess women of ill repute are self explanatory.
    So that comes to the remainder of women whom of which nearly all have the high beams I was on about earlier. I'm talking nipples that could direct traffic at fifty yards. Registered weapons that can gouge eyes out and puncture your kidney. Even at the same time! Those kind of nipples. Even well dressed women suffer the humiliation of "translucent" tops and even pants.

Well I say it's not good enough anymore. That's not to say don't make or paint those figures, just give us women a greater choice of eye candy too. I'll give any example of such an instant 10! More gladiators! More fantasy warriors that left their armour at home. More male figures that forgot to do their laundry yesterday.

I've had my rant. I'm now off to paint the backside lower half of Marneus Calgar in see through power armour. Make him look like he has nothing on under a pair of chaps at the front. Maybe not as masculine as the image I had in mind but it will do for a start.
    Paint like you got a pair applies to both male and female so go do it!
    Last edited by bullfrog; 04-09-2017 at 06:15 AM.

I hate when I go to lunch,..

And see,.. I only get 30 minutes. So it takes me 5 minutes to drive to taco bell (Or wherever), and it's going to take another 5 minutes to drive back. So that leaves me with 20 minutes to order my food and eat it.

So I walk into taco bell, and there are 5 people in line ahead of me. I'm person #6. Each person's order takes about two minutes. So I already know that going to take up 10 minutes of my lunch. The first guy goes,.. the second guy goes,.. the third lady goes,.. the forth guy goes,.. And then finally it the turn of the lady in front of me. Who steps forward, leans on the counter, looks up at the menu, and actually says out loud,... "now let me see,.. What do I want?? "

Really lady?? Why the $@%^ don't you know what you want already?? I mean, you've been standing in line ahead of me for the same 10 minutes that I've been standing here. What the hell were you doing the whole time in line if not deciding what it is that you wanted. In fact, why even get in line until you know your order??

She takes like 5 minutes to decide and order. Which leaves me 5 minutes to order and get my food,.. Which now must be to go,.. And I'll have to scarf it down now while driving back to work.

Sorry for the rant,.. But just a pet peeve of mine.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Sorry, not a rant here, but Bullfrog, you can get some of those said male figures from Hasslefree Miniatures. Granted, they still have way more naked ladies, but they do have some male figures with their dangly bits showing, or as you put it, "fantasy warriors that left their armour at home". Oh, and if you really paint Marneus Calgar that way it would be totally hilarious!

Okay, for a rant... My upstairs neighbor who must own a bowling alley up there, as the A**hat can't be quite ever! Also people too stupid to realize how stupid they actually are, again said upstairs neighbor had mold on the walls of his place (yes, the dips**t let it go on for so long it spread down to my place) and claimed that it was a roof leak, but he didn't have any water damage on his top floor, just in the stairwell leading up to his first level!

OOooooooh living on the edge with this post. Hmmmmm let me see what bugs me........the...... most???? nuthing at the mo im fairly content.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive