Crystal Brush 2017... NOT AGAIN!

Thread: Crystal Brush 2017... NOT AGAIN!

Default Crystal Brush 2017... NOT AGAIN!

Like everyone else we tried to vote... me and couple of my friends... but guess what... there is no possibility to have to opportunity to vote... its a little bit shady to make that thing so difficult... everyone has a different problem.. we all tried different devices, different OS and browsers!!! we just see the title of the miniature and nothing else... so if you are not able to support your page give a poll with icons here in the forum and that's it... every year something comes up... every single year? why do you organize something like this and leave us with the suspicion that you probably want to give it to a specific person!! the guy doesn't paint that good and the miniatures he chooses are bad!!!

I could vote without problem yesterday evening (when instead of the normal site I was redirected to the CB automatically).
    The only problem was that I couldn't really give a variation of scores, all are very high quality.

edit: used win7+chrome for the voting.
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 03-26-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Second to Maxx comments - I voted on a selection of entries with no problems (Firefox). I didn't get through that many but on the whole the quality was outstanding - pity the poor judge who has got to pick the winner from that lot.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

No problems for me either.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Voted yesterday no problems.

Way to spout conspiracy theories.

I voted on the iPad. Only problem was about every third vote it would kick me back to the finalist list. I would go back in my browser and keep voting. Other than that it went fine and I didn't have a great connection at the time.

edit: you also needed to be logged in to vote, so that may have been part of the problem.

I had no problems. Except for how amazing everything was. The bar was really up there this year!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

yup, I'm with Zab. No problems aside from figuring out how to differentiate between just regular amazing and even more amazing work.

On a different topic, I was a little disappointed to see they had replaced the old crystal brush trophy with a medal

I think the old trophy is perhaps the nicest award for a painting competition I've seen, so I'm sad to see it go. I know they starting to add some prize money for the individual categories, so perhaps that was made possible by the change in trophy... but it's still a shame they changed it.

ah, they nerf'ed the trophies, thats a shame. Id rather have one of these nice brush trophies than cash prize.

I do have to ask you more experienced folks about why the over all winner (space wolf with wolf) won? I thought it looked fine, but definitely wasn't in my top five when I looked at the entries in the cabinet. The one I thought was near the top was Deus ex Machina and it didn't place in any category. Is it just a case of all the entries were so damn good that it came down to the whim's of the judges? Just curious o why my estimate of who would be in e top three was so far off. I did think Oz would be in the top three, so I got that right, and Tribute was in my top five.

Also if anyone from CMON is reading this, I'd suggest putting a gap between display cabinets to allow for more people to get in and see the entries.

Cheers all.

I think there was so many good entries so all the votes of 10 made the judges have a bigger impact... :P and they can see stuff up close in flesh. It was not my favourite either but it was in my top five... three even perhaps. The entries are so good so it's so much about taste.

Bailey, I agree. The medals are pretty meh. Maybe if they were actually a heavy glass like the trophies they would be nice, but they're just a piece of acrylic. I understand that the cash prizes means they had less money to spend on trophies but you can still get actual gold, silver and bronze medals for fairly cheap from any trophy store.

As for the voting, I had the same problem as KB. I would vote for 5 entries then it would kick me back to the list and I had to click on one to get another queue of 5 entries before it would kick me again. It was annoying, but I was still able to vote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    I think there was so many good entries so all the votes of 10 made the judges have a bigger impact... :P and they can see stuff up close in flesh. It was not my favourite either but it was in my top five... three even perhaps. The entries are so good so it's so much about taste.
    Yup, I agree. I definately have sympathy for the judges. It couldn't have been an easy decision.

They should bring back the trophy but make it look like money in trophy form o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I do have to ask you more experienced folks about why the over all winner (space wolf with wolf) won? I thought it looked fine, but definitely wasn't in my top five when I looked at the entries in the cabinet. The one I thought was near the top was Deus ex Machina and it didn't place in any category. Is it just a case of all the entries were so damn good that it came down to the whim's of the judges? Just curious o why my estimate of who would be in e top three was so far off. I did think Oz would be in the top three, so I got that right, and Tribute was in my top five.

Also if anyone from CMON is reading this, I'd suggest putting a gap between display cabinets to allow for more people to get in and see the entries.

Cheers all.
    it looked very good on the images, and that counts a lot in this comp. but it wasnt my pick for first though, i was most impressed by the Nagash piece. it didnt win, but it will be a stroooooooooooong contender to the golden slayer sword in May

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    it looked very good on the images, and that counts a lot in this comp. but it wasnt my pick for first though, i was most impressed by the Nagash piece. it didnt win, but it will be a stroooooooooooong contender to the golden slayer sword in May
    Very true. I think I said it somewhere else, but imho almost any of the entries this year could have placed two years ago when I attended. Even the minis they didn't photograph were very inspiring.

I didn't know how to vote and still haven't seen any entries

Squidders go to home page of coolminiornot
    Look up and you'll see a bar "CRYSTAL BUSH" view winners. If you go inyo that it will show you those images. If you click "gallery" it will show you all the finalists images how they look before the voting is done on that day. For future ref it's always on the front page located there. Hope this helps bud.