Thread: Any chance of a new 2017 kickstarter for Arcadia Quest?

Default Any chance of a new 2017 kickstarter for Arcadia Quest?

Anyone heard anything about a 2017 kickstarter?

I posted this on boadrgamegeek but it probably deserves to be here to explore what else they could do...

I'm only just getting into it but I see some gaps in their mythology they could easily add in as well as expansions.

This is arcadia and yet they haven't done a faery expansion - wild hunt or return of Oberon to Arcadia as it's built on lay line etc - struggle of seelie and unseelie. So faey and half Faey characters and creatures, new tactics like cold iron vulnerability, mushroom circle cards (like grave stones) for random Faey things, outdoor wood areas/groves, Faey pets, unicorns, enchantments, Celtic themes etc

They also have room to expand up...higher levels beyond dragons. New cards for characters and pets, even more mature/experience models for past models...maybe a popular vote for whom.

I would like to see more angels and demons...pehaps this could be the basis on post dragon type and level campaign as Arcadia is caught between a war of heaven and hell.

Another avenue is a steampunk expansion...could be linked to a Faey one, the machines/technology bringing down the wrath of the Faey. Or the whole campaign is inside/around a moving machine city that threatens Arcadia and must be destroyed from within.

Maybe another option is placing a campaign through a portal to the Far East - saving/protecting the Pandas etc

If they do any new kick starters I would like to see options to encourage new buyers/players to pick up for extra cost some of the past discount base sets and all the past accessories (dice, coins etc).

I hope they won't do it. The actual quantity of figures is huge and I have material to paint and play for years to come, give them/us a bit of a rest LOL

On the other hand, I won't think I will support future kickstarters from Cmon. I love the game, the art, the miniatures and everything, but failing to accomplish a deadline by almost a year is out of excuses. Maybe if they correct those issues, improve customer communication and give realistic deadlines that they can trustfully fulfill I will probably change my mind, because their games are great.
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

They were playtesting new tournament rule gameplay modes (capture the flag, etc), so new stuff is coming. There is some more space for enemies (aliens, norse/egypt/slavic/japanese/etc mythology, corporate, robots (models with replaceable parts!), everyone on Masmorra dice, etc), so there's enough enemies for a couple of expansions to do, but there's gotta be new mechanics to sell more stuff, pretty much all hero types have been exhausted.

Mostly I'd like to see a new campaign like BtG. Mostly new tiles, monsters and a new campaign!

I have waaaaaaaay too many heroes now with AQ, BtG, Inferno and Masmorra.

Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    They were playtesting new tournament rule gameplay modes (capture the flag, etc), so new stuff is coming. There is some more space for enemies (aliens, norse/egypt/slavic/japanese/etc mythology, corporate, robots (models with replaceable parts!), everyone on Masmorra dice, etc), so there's enough enemies for a couple of expansions to do, but there's gotta be new mechanics to sell more stuff, pretty much all hero types have been exhausted.
    good to hear.

i would like to see female models with more clothes - g rated - so I can play with those with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswitcher View Post
    i would like to see female models with more clothes - g rated - so I can play with those with the kids.
    take a xacto knife, carve out the offensive body parts from the models. heat the knife, so that it would be easier to cut into the plastic. take a sharpie, black out offensive body parts on cards. no need to wait for new expansion.

yes i want too a new arcadia quest with kickstarter! and a lot of stuff!!! masmorra don't be so great
    need a one more pvp or hardcore campaign ! because is too easy finish scenario with 1 pve mission and 2 pvp mission!
    and want A LOT OF HEROS!!! thats be great! or something to fill with dragon!!!
    capture the flag!
    5-6 player
    dominion!
    king of the hill
    last man standing
    i have so many ideas!!
    but pls this october or september i hope there is an kickstarter arcadia quest