Article: How to make a cheap yet effective spray booth.

Thread: Article: How to make a cheap yet effective spray booth.

Newbie, please be gentle gunrunr's Avatar

Default Article: How to make a cheap yet effective spray booth.

That's really cool. Very nicely done.

A cool idea!

Have you considered adding a light on top and side to provide better lighting and casting fewer shadows?

Looks like it would be fine for filtering out paint particles, but if you are using "hotter" paints (lacquers, enamels, etc) you should still considering using a respirator for the fumes...an airbrush can spray faster than a fan like that can clear the air. I have a spray booth I made out of a surplus car radiator fan that pulls about 750cfm, and I can still smell the fumes for a few minutes after I finish painting. If you can smell it, you're breathing it in. Protect your lungs...they're likely to be the only set you'll ever have!

Newbie, please be gentle gunrunr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbiggied View Post
    Looks like it would be fine for filtering out paint particles, but if you are using "hotter" paints (lacquers, enamels, etc) you should still considering using a respirator for the fumes...an airbrush can spray faster than a fan like that can clear the air. I have a spray booth I made out of a surplus car radiator fan that pulls about 750cfm, and I can still smell the fumes for a few minutes after I finish painting. If you can smell it, you're breathing it in. Protect your lungs...they're likely to be the only set you'll ever have!
    You are 100% correct. I always wear a mask but I only use water based paints and it's always just very light work. Tanks for your input and sorry for responding sooooo late.

Cool ! But is it only me or are the pictures missing ?