Thread: New post not appearing

Default New post not appearing

Hi,
    I made a post yesterday, but it didn't appear immediately. I assumed it would need approval as it was my first post, but since then I've seen a number of other posts from first time posters, including 2 posts that were spam.

I wasn't sure if my post didn't work properly, but didn't want to repost it in case it did work haha

Quote Originally Posted by Replica View Post
    Hi,
    I made a post yesterday, but it didn't appear immediately. I assumed it would need approval as it was my first post, but since then I've seen a number of other posts from first time posters, including 2 posts that were spam.

I wasn't sure if my post didn't work properly, but didn't want to repost it in case it did work haha
    Bad news, It didn't work.

I check out all posts needing approval that I see and I'm on here several times a day.
    Didn't see one by you needing approval BUT did see the reported spam notice you made. (Thanks for that.)

ANYHOO Welcome aboard the madhouse.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Hey there,
    i seem to be having a similar issue, I tried to start a thread and upload a photo, both said they were waiting (approval I guess). They both seem to have disappeared ? Don’t know if it’s me doing something wrong or if they are getting rejected? Can someone let me know what’s happening?

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys aren't the first and won't be the last! Far as i can tell from previous inquiries the answer is simply "Wizards did it". The mods don't summarily go about deleting posts or putting restrictions on things/review all posts. Just seems that the forum/gallery is in need of an overhaul. The best advice I can give is to resubmit if it doesn't show, that way if it does show up twice you can at least always delete one instead of standing about scratching your heads exclaiming "Cwoooor....".
    Another particularly annoying feature that even DR up there ( a mod) has been experiencing recently is an automated message regarding posts you make with picture links as spam...Severely broken and frustrating algorithm there I suspect which also needs fixing, but in the meantime while you're here, something else to be aware of. It's not a drama on your end, don't fret.

Also welcome. Also "proud" is a bit of a harsh word to use round these parts Replica. "No shame" is a more preferable state of affairs...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Hey thanks for that, guess I’ll just keep trying and see what happens !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Hey there,
    i seem to be having a similar issue, I tried to start a thread and upload a photo, both said they were waiting (approval I guess). They both seem to have disappeared ? Don’t know if it’s me doing something wrong or if they are getting rejected? Can someone let me know what’s happening?
    Because you are new to the forums the system flagged your thread for needing approval.
    And seeing as it’s my wedding anniversary, we went out for a meal last night so I missed approving it until just now.

This should be the only time this will happen since you’ve been ‘approved’ the bouncers at the door will let you into the guest suites.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thank you dragonsreach,
    I did think that may have been the case, but being literally new to these kind of forum sites, and not really knowing what to do I figured i was doing something wrong.. thanks again and I hope your dinner was nice