Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarke WIP

Default Clarke WIP

Hi all,

First time posting. Have been following for a while but finally deciding to contrbute to a great forum. Current work includes a converted Beastman and a Viking. Thinking of a red colour theme for the beastman. Wanted an action pose and couldn't resist an oversized axe. Hopefully will get some painting done tonight.

Cheers Clarke
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by clarke; 05-11-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Welcome aboard.
    Work on the viking looks really good (well, I think your whole desk is sideways, but otherwise it's ok). Nice job capturing the slight shine to the forehead.
    I also really like the beastman conversion. Do you have a scene in mind for him? He's so dynamic!

Thanks SaintToad,

My painting table does seem to be slightly on a lean. I am struggling a little with the leather on the Vikings coat, I went a little to far with the brown/red but still happy it where it's at overall. I was thinking of having the beastman other jumping from an embankment or keeping it simple as the pose is dynamic enough. I'm one of those modellers that make it up as they go, works sometimes.

Thanks,

I'm still working on the raw leather coat, worn by the Viking. I've looked for reference materials but haven't found a good photo just yet. So like most modellers I started a new project (or two).
    Last edited by clarke; 05-15-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Progress with the beastman.

For leather check out Kirill Kanaev's (Yellow One on CMON) gallery. Also check out Bailey's wip. He does a lot of leather and his work on the Saxon may be of help.

Thanks mate, some good ideas, I think I have found the colour that I'm looking for now.

Further progress on the Beastman, went with a red axe trying to tie in all the red in the model. Having fun with the model but would sculpt some chains/ heads and skull around neck next time as I find this area on the model a bit boring.

Further progress on the axe.Name:  IMG_2435.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  1.43 MB

Name:  IMG_2496.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  948.1 KBFurther progress, happy with how he has turned out, has been fun and helped me get back into it, as always finding faults and thinking about what I would change next time.

Name:  IMG_2494.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  1.04 MB

Further progress, happy with how he has turned out, helped me get back into things.

Name:  IMG_2489.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  1.04 MBName:  IMG_2490.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  1.14 MB
    Started this guy this afternoon, going for a softer skin tone so have blended in some light blue, dreading the gold armour

Lots of good work in here, Clarke. I really like the necromancer dude. Keep going with him!

Thanks SaintToad, I usually have 5-10 projects going at once, keeps me motivated. The necromancer is a cool model, fun to paint.

Name:  IMG_2531.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  1.14 MBFinishing off the shoulder armour, warn bronze armour was the call of the day. Just need to add some main highlights, finding my IPad camera is very limited.

Nice work, I like skin tones what you used on beastman.
    One day I will finish that mini

Thanks Heldiar for your kind words,
    Took a while to complete this one, I'm finishing some models I started a while ago to convince a certain someone that I can stick to it, and I should be getting more.

Name:  IMG_2557.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  731.1 KBName:  IMG_2554.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  678.9 KBProgress so far, enjoying the model, trying to finish it before the new ones arrive