Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Another beginner WIP thread...

This is the scheme I ended up with. It will be applied to all skeletons from Shadespire. A decent tabletop look with not too much effort needed. Happy with the results.
    PS. I just noticed I did not paint the belt, only basecoated it. Will fix now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Who let the bones out!! I love the sword,nice n rusty. A great feel of a raised army . these will look great on the table top.
    I eat crayons!! Do you have any REDS? They taste the best!
    I probably would paint with them better.

Looks good buddy. Pretty effective use of contrast for such an efficient process.

Nice work!

More skellies! I did all of the bone areas, took about 2h so 20 minutes per mini, not too bad.

nice looking skellies so far, i like the colour scheme. works well.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Great work on them. Those miniatures are great, I think I love every version I see painted of them! xD
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    Great work on them. Those miniatures are great, I think I love every version I see painted of them! xD
    That's because they're great miniatures! Very easy and fun to paint, I did not think I would enjoy them as much, but it's been a blast.

Another update on the skellies, all of them are at this stage right now - only rust and minor details left to do. Trying to not exceed 90 minutes per model, so it's a very quick paint job, not aiming for perfect quality, just passable tabletop also had a chance to practice my loaded brush on the shields, happy with the outcome.

cool stuff, 90' mintes per model is a good, time. I cant even the base colours down in that time
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Skellies are done, the goal was to no exceed 90 minutes per mini and I made it very quick tabletop job, as with all of the Shadespire models I'm painting. Skavens, dwarves and orcs to go and then I'm back to doing more display oriented pieces.

Looks great! I definitely like the color scheme, the blues and purples add a good contrast to all the bone and rust.

Might be time to change the name of your thread

Naah, while I made a lot of progress during last year, I still consider myself a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Ddmkr View Post
    Naah, while I made a lot of progress during last year, I still consider myself a beginner
    These turned out great. A nice squad to be proud of.

Pretty solid painting considering the time spent on each. Nice work buddy, these look great

Those Shadespire skellies look great. The darker freshly dug up looking bone is nice but I have to hand it to all that weathered, rusted metal.

The skeles look excellent man, the purple cloaks makes them really stand out. Great work!!!

That purple/blue combination rulez! Really great job!