Water soluble paint

Thread: Water soluble paint

Question Water soluble paint

Brand new to mini paining. When I opened some of my new paints they were rather thick...will they thin with just water? If not what should I use?

depends on the paints you got, but akryls (gw, vallejo, p3, reaper, etc) can be thinned with water.
    Forgot, that it works again.

They are acrylic, Citadel band, much thanks! My white is more of a cottage cheese then a paint.

Quote Originally Posted by A4SAKEN View Post
    They are acrylic, Citadel band, much thanks! My white is more of a cottage cheese then a paint.
    It depends which one you have. There are certain paints that are dry, textured, washes and more.
    If you check beneath the colour on the label, it should state whether it's a dry, base or technical paint.
    You can watch my videos on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/MiniGhool/playlists
    And you can also support me on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Ghool

Quote Originally Posted by A4SAKEN View Post
    My white is more of a cottage cheese then a paint.
    too old or base/dry. (base shouldn't be like that, but the ceramite white I have is)
    Forgot, that it works again.

Thinning with water requires that the water is relatively clean where you live, too much minerals in it can give you trouble. However, it should be fine most places.

The GW white is notorious for getting lumpy - I suggest picking up a different brand for white. I prefer P3 White myself.

Like Ghool said, make sure it isn't the technical paint, as they have a snow one now, that is like that as well as some of the dry brush paints, but I don't recall them having a pure white for the dry brush ones. However, I have had them go bad (especially the GW paints) on me and start to look like that as well. If you recently purchased (depends on store, but usually within a couple of weeks) them from a GW store, you should be able to take them back for a replacement if they are the base or layer paints and they look like that.