Thread: frzntoz's painting adventure log

Default frzntoz's painting adventure log

First post, though I've been a member of forum for a long time... Anyways, I'm currently working on my Orc Blood Bowl team. I'm using this lineman to finalize what they will look like. I've gone in to deep experiment mode on these guys as I decided to try out a few new techniques. Primarily, I wanted to test out how I could use chipping fluid to create heavily worn armour. This is where I'm currently at - besides the armour plates, mostly just base coated as I started on the face last night. Sorry for the poor quality phone at the workbench photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    pax et bonum

Welcome to the WIPs. The chipping looks great on the ork.

Looks likes a great start (I see the rest of the horde in the background). And welcome the WiP section!

Welcome!! Chipping looks awesome! You could run a line of the highlight colour under the chips, but probably not totally necessary, they have a good 3D look about them already. It looks like you have already added some of the lighter colour under some of them already?

Thanks for the warm welcome - it is nice to finally get up the nerve to post on CMON.

Quote Originally Posted by Replica View Post
    Welcome!! Chipping looks awesome! You could run a line of the highlight colour under the chips, but probably not totally necessary, they have a good 3D look about them already. It looks like you have already added some of the lighter colour under some of them already?
    I have add some highlighting, but I'm trying to be careful to not over do it. I also want to get the rest of the figure painted and then give it a final round of weather/highlighting.
    Last edited by frzntoz; 07-18-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    pax et bonum

Quote Originally Posted by frzntoz View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome - it is nice to finally get up the nerve to post on CMON.

I have add some highlighting, but I'm trying to be careful to not over do it. I also want to get the rest of the figure painted and then give it a final round of weather/highlighting.
    That makes sense, it does look very effective. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Almost done the lineman. Last night saw some experimentation with adding some rust. It was a bit of mixed affair, though I think it is headed in the right direction.
    Name:  IMG_0932.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  441.0 KB
    pax et bonum

I think I'm done with the lineman until the do the bases for the team. Time to start the next player. Also time to set up and take better pictures than quick phone photos at the workbench.
    Name:  IMG_0941.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  397.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0937.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  422.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0939.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  424.9 KB
    pax et bonum

He looks great. Some great weathering going on over the top of a nice blend.

I'd think about perhaps getting another bright highlight on the creases of the trousers though
    error 404: signature not found

Well done on the beaten down team of greenies!!!! I support this approach pf weathering the crap out of things like this BB team

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Foxtail: I agree about the pants. They need a bit more love. But I've put him to the side for a bit as I needed a break from that mini - I could spend a lifetime fixing things. It was time to start working on the next player, but I'll revisit the lineman and do some further touchups once I get more of the team done.

In many ways with how I'm painting the orcs, I'm left feeling like I'm doing it the hardest way possible. But the final effect that I'm getting so far is personally making it 100% worth-while. I've started working on one of the black orc blockers next, so I thought I would show a picture of what it looks like before I get down to painting all the details, shading/highlights, etc. It kinda looks like a yellow paint bomb went off on the miniature, or rather some horrible first time painting project when I was 6 years old. I took the photo after I started adding the skin base colour, but otherwise this is the state the players are in post airbrushing and chipping.
    Name:  IMG_0943.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  419.8 KB
    pax et bonum