Thread: STAND YOUR GROUND, i need help.

Default STAND YOUR GROUND, i need help.

Motivation: At the start of the game, gain a marker pool containing anumber of markers equal to twice the total ranks of Leadersin your army.• Friendly Infantry may spend an Interact Action while in anenemy Leader’s Sphere of Influence to gain 1 marker.• At the beginning of a marked model’s activation, youropponent loses 1 morale, and then that marker is removed.• If a marked model is killed, its marker is returned to yourmarker pool.

It seems to me that this motivation is exaggerated. How many miniatures can spend an interaction action to win a marker.
    How many markers per shift can be achieved by this motivation? 1 or those who can?
    Hadross, Nasier, Shael Han

Any number of infantry models can interact when in the SoI of an enemy leader. Each of them gets a marker, assuming you have markers left if your pool for that.

When you activate a marked model you remove the marker (don't put it back the pool) and the opponent looses 1 morale. In a combined activation that could be anywhere from 3 to 9 models (depending on the game size) and 3-9 morale points.

Marked models that are killed have the marker go back to the pool.

But it is a motivation that makes you lose a lot of morals, is not it something Decompensated for the game?
    Since in a turn if there are three or four or six miniatures with tokens, the opponent can lose three or four or six or more of moral.
    Last edited by Aldebaran; 07-26-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    Hadross, Nasier, Shael Han

I don't think it's too bad. They have to interact to get those markers, which means they're not attacking you and killing off your troops. They're also going to be very close to your troops where you should be able to kill some off before they activate next. You have an entire round (well, at least one activation, hopefully more) to to do that before they drop your morale.
    Last edited by EvilDave; 07-28-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
    But it is a motivation that makes you lose a lot of morals, is not it something Decompensated for the game?
    Since in a turn if there are three or four or six miniatures with tokens, the opponent can lose three or four or six or more of moral.
    This is pretty much the premise of many motivations -- that it's possible to complete the motivation entirely in a round, dealing a severe blow to enemy Morale. It feels pretty clear it's intended to work this way.

What is a real bummer is that this is extraordinarily powerful against a slow army like Hadross. If the Hadross player makes their Sevridan Gutter Friar their force commander, you can park infantry just inside his 8" command radius. With only their six inch move, they cannot get to the marked infantry. In a patrol level engagement, you can nearly table the Hadross without rolling dice.

Addenda: If you are inside the radius, can you take an action with the interact, and then your maneuver to get even further away? That seems rather counter-intuitive given the name of the motivation.
    Last edited by lrdkudzu; 08-07-2017 at 08:59 AM.

And yet 6 months ago there were complaints that Hadross was just about auto-winning with Loot and Plunder.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...der-motivation

Quote Originally Posted by paradox1 View Post
    And yet 6 months ago there were complaints that Hadross was just about auto-winning with Loot and Plunder.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...der-motivation
    Seriously thank you for posting that link! Reading through it gave me a lot to think about.

I honestly didn't see the impact of the motivation coming and walked right into it. The morale loss wasn't just to my army. It makes sense that the bad play wasn't the card, but me.

Thanks again!

I really think it's clear the game is designed around engineering large morale swings. But at the same time, motivations are hard- apped, and you can't win on motivation alone. You have to make at least some kills. And at the same time, your opponent is pushing to make a similar big swing. Ive found huge morale swings very common, but most games also end very close 1-0 or 2-0. Blowouts can happen, but are rare. The only one I can recall personally was when I killed an aggressively placed commander. Losing the central, big SOI lead to a runaway because I could use combined activations vs his now almost entirely single activations to strand most of his forces. Given the hard activation cap, leaders can easily be paramount targets. Completing your motivation entirely, and killing leaders, will probably net you quick or big wins.