View Poll Results: Sycotic's plasma cannon or Cassar's which one would you take into battle

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sycotic

2 33.33%
  • cassar

4 66.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: forgeworld 120mm plasma cannon conversion.

looks good mate, really good.....meep meep ....................back to the garage quick sharp time to get ones sh*t together and no mistake
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Looking at your work I think I need to invest in that bench sander, not sure my dremmel is up to the challenge

The legs are posed much more naturally on yours than the off-the-shelf version. Great work.
    My miniatures blog: www.ninjabread.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Curis View Post
    The legs are posed much more naturally on yours than the off-the-shelf version. Great work.

Which one, mine or cassar'?

think Curis means the fully standing pose (yours).

Some finer detailing on the power pack.

bad dose of man flu at the moment so progress may slow considerably...i might not make it...could be dying..its that bad.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

That is looking amazing, you are putting the time in man flu or not. Will have to pull something out f the bag to come close to that!

I have every confidence in you Sycotic. I expect to be buried in an avalanche of updates at any moment lol

Wow. I am always amazed by how good you do making blobs of putty into work of awesomeness!

Playing catch up now as I have been away for a couple of days for work. Managed to rough it the pack and some basic shapes. Also bought a new toy to make life a little easier on final shaping.

Name:  IMG_3960.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  1.53 MBName:  IMG_3964.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  1.63 MBName:  IMG_3968.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  1.43 MBName:  IMG_3965.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  1.64 MBName:  IMG_3970.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  894.0 KB

ooooooh fancy :0

Few more updates, was very tedious made more so by the manflu. I did a lot of prep, repair work and a bit of tinkering with a bionic eye assembly, finished off by som work on the back pack.

Managed to make some progress today, further refinements of the backpack. I realised I had taken too much off and needed to build it back up, then started adding some destails. The main job has been re posing the legs I made to get the hips right as well as improve the stance.

Name:  IMG_3982.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.72 MBName:  IMG_3983.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  1.55 MBName:  IMG_3987.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  676.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

reposed/re adjusted the legs??? lol i must admitt i did too the right leg got cut off at the hip shaved down and reattached, im also doing tuille's.

One handle down one to go. I've done some additional plate armour to protect the ole danglies etc.

man that is coming together nicely! awesome work cassar!

thx Tee much appreciated...im not sure if everyones aware but half way into this thread Sycotic joined in build hes doing the same model, same devastator. Sort of a build off compare and contrast competition.
    so as much input as possible from everyone would be great.

My, my, you have been busy. That's looking fabulous, mate.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Cheers mate i have re done the panels on the back pack more in line with the GW mini version added the second handle on the bottom etc. I take it you voted on the poll Meph I am enjoying the build off immensly.

Don't keep us in suspense cassar, throw some pics our way;-)