Thread: preparation

Lightbulb preparation

Lots of people ask about improving their painting so im posting this to anyone who's interested.

Preparation !

Mold lines, seams, gaps... get them sorted or all your hard work will be dashed.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I'd add getting a good magnifyer to see all the mold lines you missed and then go back and prep some more (dame these Bones minis and their infinate mold lines).

I would also add that if you are looking for effective help on the forums to get some good lighting for photos and read some of the photography tips in the photography section of the forum. Most of us have challenges with photos, but getting a decent picture really helps us to give good feedback n

right tool for the right job.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I invested in a set of jewelers files to help with the seams and mold lines. One of the better investments that I made for mini prep.

Also a 1/2" wide metal file for making level the feet after snipping off the casting plug. (on metal minis)

a dremel and some fine bits is essential for mini preparation i think. at least it makes my life a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    a dremel and some fine bits is essential for mini preparation i think. at least it makes my life a lot easier.
    I am always paranoid that I will remove too much material with my Dremel. Maybe I should get a lower powere battery unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    I am always paranoid that I will remove too much material with my Dremel. Maybe I should get a lower powere battery unit.

heresy! MORE POWAAAAAAA!

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    heresy! MORE POWAAAAAAA!
    This is not a Dremel!

Name:  IMG_0945.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  65.7 KB

Lol

This is not a Dremel!

Name:  IMG_0945.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  65.7 KB

Lol
    Smartarse, im never gonna live that down am i.

oh by the way Krulebear your new dremmel arrived.

Name:  15030687107271022275650.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  59.7 KB

should be low powered enough

ROFL. I am glad you are back and active on the site again. I always get a smile from your comments.

ROFL. I am glad you are back and active on the site again. I always get a smile from your comments.
    you say that now, lol when youre still full of fond memories and nostalgia...what happens when it starts to wear off