Thread: Iron Harvest- Did Rivet Wars have a baby with Scythe and nobody told me?

Red face Iron Harvest- Did Rivet Wars have a baby with Scythe and nobody told me?

Just featured a trailer for this game on my facebook page: http://iron-harvest.com/

And I am impressed and a little giddy. However, I wasn't the only one who noticed a few similarities in the designs. Either way, this might make it on my channel when it comes out because holy moly does it look beautiful!
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

I am not a big video gamer, but those graphics look outstanding.

The symbol on one of those units looked like a Blight symbol. The fellow at the end sure looked like a Blight leader. So I'd say there is some real RW influence going on here. I am not a video gamer and least not much of one. But if you slow down an RTS it can have more of a wargame feel to it rather than a frenzied arcade experience.
    Sky

I'm unsure. I'm considering branching out on my channel and maybe I would enjoy doing some videos on this when it comes out. There's no date or timeframe currently, so.... Not much I can do there.

I was also considering getting Scythe but I'm not sure I'm in a position to throw that kind of money around just yet.

I think it's pretty much just Scythe. Same artist, and I think it's the same world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarbuck View Post
    I think it's pretty much just Scythe. Same artist, and I think it's the same world.
    I haven't played Scythe. Would love to and do some videos on the channel of it but haven't gotten around.

Are you sure this is the same world? I do know, like Scythe, they take much of their concept art from a painter who did steampunk/dieselpunk oil paintings of the Eastern European landscapes. I never considered it's the same artist and the same world, though. Weird.