Thread: Airbrush recommendations....

Default Airbrush recommendations....

Looking to pick up a new airbrush...its been a fair while since I owned one.

I have a compressor so just need to pick up the actual airbrush.

Any advise, recommends etc much appreciated. (UK based if that helps) Thanks

Badger, Iawata or H&S all have their fans. I suggest getting whatever is easily accessible to you in case you need parts or repairs. I like badger because of how easy it is for me to get parts but Iawata is a close second in my area
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thanks Zab...probably going to head down the H&S route as they seem to be very easy to access spares for locally...

Guess its now understanding now how much I sensibly need to spend to get the results I want. Again any advice very much appreciated

Get the best your budget can afford. the equipment will last longer and you will become comfortable with it over time. It would suck to become good with a cheap brush and have it break only to have to learn the characteristics of a new brush all over again. I have had the same compressor for almost 10 years and my dad had it before that. In fact, I also have his very first badger single stage compressor from before i was born and it still works o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

well if HnS, then Evolution or Infinity are both good buys.
    In getting solo/2in1/whatever... solo is enough, but extra nozzles and needles are great too.
    Especially for the infinity, where the 0.15 nozzle is too small quite often, there a secondary .3 or .4 saves sanity.
    Forgot, that it works again.