Thread: Withers' WIP Thread

Default Withers' WIP Thread

Lately I've been really trying to up my painting game and speed up my painting process so I was hoping you guys could give me some tips and pointers. I've been painting for approaching 2 years now but still very much a newbie. I struggle a lot with color schemes and, well pretty much everything it feels like.

Anyway, I'm starting to work my way through Massive Darkness and Rum and Bones: Second Tide.

Whisper (MD) WIP
    Name:  IMG_1799.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  972.4 KB

I've spent about 2 and a half hours on Whisper so far, which for me is a massive increase in speed. I'm not happy with a lot of the blends, especially on the cloak, but I've decided to stop trying to be a perfectionist on everything and just get through them.

El Latigo (R&B) WIP
    Name:  JzJsUfF.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  137.1 KB

Looking pretty good so far. Nothing to complain about for tabletop gaming minis.

Whisper is looking good so far, but if you are looking to fix anything, her eye looks like shes about to cry. I'm painting MD as well so I'll be following your progress.

Cheers

Thanks! Yeah I really struggled with her eye. First I couldn't get it shaped the way I wanted, then I could place the little reflection dot where I wanted. I eventually gave up but it totally does look like that. I tried to do Lil' Ned's eyes too and had a hard time with his as well.

I think if I would stand if I need to pee, then my eyes would look sad, too

But I love your painted eyes, maybe you could try 3 colors, black, iris (green, blue, browb) and white dot.

Whisper looks nice. Good to see some paint getting on Massive Datkness minis

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Lemming View Post
    I think if I would stand if I need to pee, then my eyes would look sad, too

But I love your painted eyes, maybe you could try 3 colors, black, iris (green, blue, browb) and white dot.
    Oh god, I'll never not be able to unsee that now.

I definitely want to try adding a bit of color but I'm struggling with them being so small!

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Whisper looks nice. Good to see some paint getting on Massive Datkness minis
    Thanks!

Whisper all finished up:
    Name:  vKX4rol - Imgur.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.38 MB

Name:  5cPEzhF - Imgur.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  1.61 MB

I still haven't figured out how to best light pictures. For some reason my WIP shot looks a lot more accurate as far as contrast goes (highlights in the "studio" shots look super dull). I guess I'll have to start fiddling with manually setting the flash.

Nicely done. Looking forward to the next ones.