Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound off!

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sound off!

So, recently come back here for inspiration etc. Who's still about among the old breed? Cassar is a given, he's like a lingering fart. DR probably is because he's a Mod, not a lingering fart in that respect, just an old one. *ducks hammer*
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I am not...i only recently returned to the hobby after my melt down with the hammer....people here still dont speak to me like they used to.....im like the crazy on the bus or train no one wants to sit next to. Glad your back at least im not on my own anymore.
    Last edited by cassar; 09-21-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

I'm still here! And to me you're forum n00bs!

Still beating and breathing.

Fifteen years on here.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

My original account is from 2011 so I'm still a newbie
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

That ten ball is a newbie, this ten ball is a veteran
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

I still lurk in the shadows. Still paint, too, but even after all these years, can not take a good picture of a mini to save my life.
    Don't post all that often, either. But I try to keep up with what everyone makes public knowledge.
    Makes me feel like I have a social life.

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good to see some familiar faces still knocking about! Mostly lurking a bit myself just now but thinking about starting a WIP or something to give me the kick up the backside to get things actually done.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Wow! A thread full of noobs ;D
    Well, here it comes... here comes the sound... the sound of confusion

old fart ^ lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Am I still here? I don't know what's what these days!

Newbie, please be gentle Nomis-was-me's Avatar

As the name implies I used to be here as Nomis - last post was waaaay back in 2006. Now I mostly lurk - and maybe pop up to insult DR .

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    old fart ^ lol
    Hahah! Definitely older and fartier than I was 14 years ago. I was just passing through as I'd not visited for quite a while... it seemed a good thread to comment on. I feel quite nostalgic tbh! Where's Rev, Finn, Spacemunkie, klute (eat poison), tall Swedish guy who was dead good at painting whose name I can't recall, are they still around?
    Well, here it comes... here comes the sound... the sound of confusion

Ritual (Swedish Jack Skellington) is seen sometimes, Spacemunkie also. Reverend changed name to Infidel Castro I think and haven't seen him for a long long time, not Klute either. Finn had a resurgence a couple of years ago but left again IIRC. Supervike is still around alas more infrequent.

I always wonder when people stop/leave the forum do they continue with the hobbies? I hope so
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Newbie, please be gentle Nomis-was-me's Avatar

I got seduced by World of Warcraft which ate all of my time for a few years and didn't pick up a paint brush until a couple of years ago - so now slowly getting back into it - a big boost was getting on the Zombicide Black Plague KS and painting up the figures - lots of fun (but lots of flash too).
    My Vallejo paints were still mostly ok but most of my old octagonal GW paints had dried to a solid lump. Interestingly my very old "original" GW paints with the flip tops (Coat D'Arms I think) were fine - must be over 20 years old! Now I just lurk on here building up my post tally - slowly!

Still around and pop in every now and then.

I even still paint the odd thing

Name:  a4ea23a02369da7132d99287509ffbda.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1.45 MB

Name:  bc347c859d0795f2f1fa79d80a1d5b12.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  729.6 KB

Name:  7c1abe4bb7e330b4bfa7d71732798ee2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.24 MB

@Spacemunkie: Nice work! I really like the colours on the nurgle folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    Ritual (Swedish Jack Skellington) is seen sometimes...

I am watching... silently.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!