Thread: Star trek ...Discovery....or Star Trek Disappointment

Default Star trek ...Discovery....or Star Trek Disappointment

Watched the first 4 episodes was so disappointed..its like somebody with limited knowledge of the subject described the star trek universe to the producers who presumably have never heard of or watched star trek.
    The Klingons!!!! wtf bunch of pussies in gold spangly outfits about as aggressive as a dead stoat, not at all klingon in any sense.
    The Klingon ships look like something Nurgle hocked up whilst the Discovery looks more like a Klingon D7 cruiser than the nurgle turd, which now i come to think about it reminds me of Sador's ship from battle beyond the stars (budget constraints using old shite from the 80's???).
    Plot hole the size of a planet.. the klingons all had cloaked ships not just the Nurgle turd (star trek original series, enterprise and on wards etc etc). I believe from the original fluff that the Klingons traded ships with the romulans in exchange for cloaking tech before stabbing each other in the back and falling out ..well for ever.
    The only real hat tip to the fluff i like is section 31 reference.
    fookin mushroom drive good grief!

klingon warrior with batleth taken out by being bumped into and impaled on his own weapon??? whilst essentially just standing still waiting for it.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

look at "the orville"
    much better ST then the STD. Even though it's very light hearted and not so serious.

As for STD: first 2 episodes were horrible. 3-4: at least the spore drive + tardigrade got my attention and wonder what they can do with it.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Try “The Expanse” riveting stuff and far more ‘scientifically’ accurate.

I’m not giving up on Discovery as I think it does have potential to develop into something better than the failure that was “Enterprise”.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

watched the expanse series avidly even bought the books too epic show, cant believe they were thinking of binning it. orville too is a good laugh. "did you see the dog likcking his balls in the background?" "first thing i saw" lol

l
    o
    l

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Give it time, the third episode was better. I get to see it a bit in advance since I work at the network that airs it here in Canada. We work on the weekly promos for it. Have faith, it's finding it's legs... Think of it like the dirty side of the federation that no one really talks about and all the sketchy shit they did to get where they did
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

the expanse is awesome, at least in comparison. had such high hopes for the new star trek - disappointed. klingon rubber armor ugh
    still going to watch a few more episodes before giving up, fingers crossed it get better...

yep, expanse is great. A friend told me about the books on a painting jam, read them loved them. The series deviates from the books at a few points but is still great.

STD: seen the 3rd and 4th episode, they were better than the pilot, much better imho, BUT I'd still say it's a generic space-fantasy action series in ST skin, than a ST sci-fi series.

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Corrr some rant there old bean and only 1658 too! bet it's more like Star Trek Recovery now eh? EH? peaked a bit too early in the day you lush lol
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    BUT I'd still say it's a generic space-fantasy action series in ST skin, than a ST sci-fi series.
    hit the nail on the head there MAXXxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Corrr some rant there old bean and only 1658 too! bet it's more like Star Trek Recovery now eh? EH? peaked a bit too early in the day you lush lol
    its never too ealy to rant...* takes deep breath......*

I've not watched the fourth one yet, but first I quite liked the first three, look a little to get used it it, as its very different to the star trek that I have grown up with, but I quite like the darker edge that it has, nice that the captain isn't the lead character as well, as a different spin on things

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    nice that the captain isn't the lead character as well, as a different spin on things
    until the cliche comes and the captain dies, but gives command to the lead character, because only she can be trusted to carry on the task.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    until the cliche comes and the captain dies, but gives command to the lead character, because only she can be trusted to carry on the task.
    aye maybe so, but I live in hope

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    aye maybe so, but I live in hope
    well that didn't take long. Ep5 and Lorca already abducted by klingons. Of course it's too early in the series/season so managed to escape back.

On a plus note they managed to get a replacement for the tardigrade, so no turture on that line anymore.

Title sequence and theme music are garbage - one of the real joys of TOS and TNG.