Chaotic Creations WIP - Page 36
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaotic Creations WIP

Nothing motivates like that kind of achievement

Really nice work and I'm glad to hear you're going to be pushing your painting in 2019. I was thinking that you're someone who would really benefit from that and I think you're ready to level up even further in the near future. I'm excited to see what projects you're going to tackle in the new year! Perhaps something with a bit of Nurgle's foul touch?

Missed commenting on your Slaanesh Marine on here CC.

Some really nice creative work on the shoulders and face on that one mate....great skills to carry forward on future models!

Thank you all...

@kuribo - well yeah I’ve got three figures I’m currently working on for competition and yes one of those is a nurgle dude. I’m looking forward to that one as I haven’t properly painted a nurgle before, so going to be a bit of fun I think.
    i do aswell have an absolute shitload of awesome minis I brought at the end of last year which I’m looking forward to starting, some really cool pieces... plus a few pre-orders I’m waiting to arrive. So there are plenty of things to keep me busy.

with the release of the new gobbos from GW I have decided I’m going to start building an army of these guys and perhaps start playing a bit of AOS, as I’m quite intrigued to get into the gaming side of the hobby aswell.

There's another side to this hobby!? I tough it was sculpting
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 01-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    There's another side to this hobby!? I tough it was sculpting
    Well yeah, you’ve got me there bro... I’m absolutely shithouse at sculpting so painting and possibly gaming will have to do

I totally understand this as I've tried some time ago to paint me some space wolves army, well, I've got some space wolves painted but never ever played it anyway. I thought I need more space wolves...
    And there's so many cool minis everywhere to buy.... and store in closet....
    Nowadays my biggest dilemma is that if I should paint faster and TT or focus myself for some better display quality.... I'm torn apart and I feel like I'm running around in circles sometimes . I'm too impatient for this it's overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaan View Post
    I totally understand this as I've tried some time ago to paint me some space wolves army, well, I've got some space wolves painted but never ever played it anyway. I thought I need more space wolves...
    And there's so many cool minis everywhere to buy.... and store in closet....
    Nowadays my biggest dilemma is that if I should paint faster and TT or focus myself for some better display quality.... I'm torn apart and I feel like I'm running around in circles sometimes . I'm too impatient for this it's overwhelming
    You mean your not supposed to buy 50 minis for every 1 you paint? That must be what I am doing wrong! Lol.

I agree now get crackalackin. awesome idea brother.

Hey all,
    first mini for 2019 finished (apart from a few small touches to add, which I shall finish up tonight) and the first finished mini for the army I’m planning on building...
    Had to start with this guy as it’s a Bat Squig... what a crazy little creature and a really cool sculpt
    I will be working on these little gobbos for my army in amongst everything else I have planned to paint this year..
    I currently have 3 other minis on the go for comp which is taking up most of my painting time, I will load up some pics of these once I get them looking a bit better...
    anyways here’s my little bat squig Name:  70AF7696-AA9C-46C7-9351-845E9513311C.jpeg
Views: 181
Size:  702.8 KB

Hey CC, that's a conversion, is it? Or is this bat-squig somewhere for sale as seen here?
    The mini looks really nice... :-)

nice work on the flying squiq.

@Graishak, I think that is one of the new ones out of Mollog's Mob box

Awesome fat flying squiggie, and as You mentioned great sculpt!

Great work on the flying squig. The model is super cute. All I would add would be some small bright highlights here and there to make him pop even more. Like you did on the tounge.

Yeah fantastic work so far, love that little bat squig

I really like this piece as well, Chaotic! Big props for painting the cave portions realistically. I think that really sells the mini on the whole. I look forward to seeing what you tackle next as always!

Very cool, I love the teeth! And the contrast the eye provides is a great touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Hey CC, that's a conversion, is it? Or is this bat-squig somewhere for sale as seen here?
    The mini looks really nice... :-)
    Thanks graishak, as ekipage mentioned this is one of the minions that come with the Mollogs mob night vault set... The only conversions I do is taking really nice sculpts and converting them into average painted figures haha

That's a good paintjob you have done here. You could add some small bright highights if you want to make it perfect, but it is not really necessary.