Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Chaotic Creations WIP

That's more or less how I paint lol,glazing most of the way, I do start off with thicker glazes though to sketch out highlights faster, labour of love accurately describes the process

Very very nice!!! Hubba Hubba!!!

Nice vibrant colors! I forgot is she an Orckette or a Goblinette?

Quote Originally Posted by metalasmedium View Post
    Nice vibrant colors! I forgot is she an Orckette or a Goblinette?
    Shes a goblinette

@BAM I know right notice how the boobs have had a fair bit more work than anything else... funny how that works haha
    Last edited by Chaotic Creations; 04-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.

@sicks, Yeah I’ve noticed that with your painting, and a great job you do too... well I’ve decided to keep it super thin to get it as smooth in the transitions as possible, and avoiding tide marks... i was contemplating going a bit thicker on the first few passes, but I know I will over do it and not get the finish I want... so yeah we will see how it goes...
    Last edited by Chaotic Creations; 04-14-2018 at 09:02 AM.

you have made a great start on the goblin lass. looking really smooth so far. nice bright colours too.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Than stop staring at them and maybe you will advance on something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    @sicks, Yeah I’ve noticed that with your painting, and a great job you do too... well I’ve decided to keep it super thin to get it as smooth in the transitions as possible, and avoiding tide marks... i was contemplating going a bit thicker on the first few passes, but I know I will over do it and not get the finish I want... so yeah we will see how it goes...
    What are you using to make glazes? I use lahmian medium which rarely if ever leaves tide marks, it's one of the main reasons I use it, I tried water on its own but that left tide marks much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    What are you using to make glazes? I use lahmian medium which rarely if ever leaves tide marks, it's one of the main reasons I use it, I tried water on its own but that left tide marks much easier
    yeah I use a mix of water and lahmian mostly, I have found the more medium the better it works. I guess I used tide mark in want of a better word, it’s kind of not really a tide mark as such, it’s just when I glaze a bit thicker I generally notice the transition line where the glaze is applied, it can be remedied with feathering as such, but I get sick of swapping brushes every couple of seconds. So yeah I’ve found going thinner, I suppose tinting as such works better for me as I can slowly watch it build up, and I do find it a bit more enjoyable too, even though it is a very very long process when I thin it right down I use just water though, pretty much painting with coloured water lol.

Agreed matey. Tinting/ juicing as the Oz painters call it, gives the painter the most control as it allows the artist to see in very small steps exactly where it becomes intense enough to stop the applications. It’s probably my foundation of tools I use to blend and get my gradients.

Well back to the bad moon guy for now,
    i had planned on putting him into an upcoming comp, and have just realised it’s only 5 days away and between then and now I have 4 12 hour shifts of work Yikes!!! So I guess I will have to utilise every spare moment I have as there’s still quite a bit to do before I feel I will be happy to call him finished.
    So today I decided to whip a new base for him as I wasn’t entirely satisfied with the other one (and was going to take a lot of work to get it right) and I have a feeling it wasn’t going to meet the entry criteria anyways. So this is nearly done, just a little bit more ink work and a bit more highlighting and At least the base will be finished well I had better get cracking and get this finished!!!

Name:  D5A6E9CE-56EA-4260-9E18-B03A866BC242.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  631.2 KB

Ah I see, I was thinking like coffee mug stains where the pigment seems to gather around the edge of the wet spot, tide marks might be the correct term for what you meant though that's a nice looking base btw

The armor design is really good!

Better photo... sort of only a few more tweeks now and I’ll be calling it done!!!

Name:  22067F94-DB04-42CD-B3CB-AFAC4A04097B.jpeg
Views: 78
Size:  932.7 KB

What an orcish beauty... xD
    I like the colours on the armour a lot, also the skulls of the base and all the freehand drawings. Black on the pants also looks good!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery

Looking good mate but he's no competition for Zayna's massive assets

Hey that base looks familiar )) -one o the nicest orcs in the history of ORCDOM- hey guys I found a new word. Lol this is -I’ll use one word- magnificent!!!

@maenas, thanks mate... it’s really hard to get all the colours to show in photo, the highlights on the pants are actually blue, but have turned out more grey in this pic, still I have thought about revisiting the pants, but they look alright so I’m going to leave them be

@sicks, oh yeah I know Zayna is sitting in the background watching over things, can’t wait to get back to her, just gotta get this one out of the way first!!!

@BAM, haha I know mate, as soon as I hit this base with the camoshade ink It dramatically changed and I was like, what have you done, you have just ripped off BAM’s style