Chaotic Creations WIP - Page 23
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaotic Creations WIP

Yeah, wow, those colours are intense. Well done, mate!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Good question, I don’t know really, guess I do like painting from a fresh clean surface???
    Ahh fair enough; I noticed a few times on the boards people making a mistake and then saying “now it’s sitting in purple power” or something similar, so it made me curious. I feel like I’ll go to any length not to have to strip a model- i like to think I build my colours and textures with mistakes

Superb and delightful on the whole bit bud!!! Exalted .....plain English!!!

Also, since I forgot to write it, the new iteration of octupus head looks great. I love the smooth vibrant colours

Haven’t posted in a bit, have put my current projects on hold for a bit to work on a little project for an upcoming GW competition, nothing major just a little fun...going to be a quick paint as it’s only a couple of weeks away but going to give it my best in the little time I have...

Name:  D5E3D99C-80B4-4C80-BAA3-E2ACEEC05061.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  1.25 MB

Heres the scene (just roughly put together)... the body positions aren’t exactly as I would like, but as I’m time limited, they are going to here to suffice now onto the painting!!!

This is a great looking scene! I don't know what it is but GW has seemingly designed the Stormcast and Khorne minis to go well together for scenes like this. I have an idea for a diorama that I will probably never paint because I could never find the exact minis I wanted for sale individually and I refuse to buy $60 boxes and not paint more than one mini anymore. My grumbling aside, I'm very excited for this new project and it should be an excellent-looking duel when you get finished!

As Kuribo said, the two figures work well together. It should be an excellent mini-diorama and I'll enjoy watching the progress.

Right-o, Stormcast has begun... tonight’s job is to try and complete the bronze/gold ? Whatever it is thinking more of a bronze look, not sure this stage if I will give it some verdigris, kind of more inclined for a clean look, but we will see how it progresses...
    God I love true metallics, I haven’t painted anything with large metal sections for a long time, and have forgotten how fun it is to play around with the shades.
    Name:  C16F5045-A5DF-4851-A184-307D2914A314.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  791.3 KB

Progress so far... just a little test fit to see how it’s going to look

Name:  DD1AD29D-202F-4751-9A88-66FE2C72BFF2.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  1.82 MB

Ive got just over two weeks toget this baby finished, wish I had a little more time but oh well, will have todo the best I can in the little time I have!!!

Looks great! That competition looks to be fun. A cool idea for sure. The base looks fantastic.

Bit more progress...

Name:  445755E2-C221-4C0C-B67D-3EC997B0AC36.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  1.57 MB

Loving the blue on the stormcast guy, looking forward to see what you do with khorne warrior

Great so far CC! I like what you've done with the blue and red tones on the base, nice and subtle.

The blue is nice and strong. When everything's painted up, you could push the realism a little bit by glazing some red 'reflections' on the surfaces that will face the Khorne warrior. Just an idea, but it might help push the scene to the next level.

I really like the idea of the diorama, and can't wait to see it take shape!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    I like what you've done with the blue and red tones on the base, nice and subtle.
    +1 ^^
    I would like to add that this makes me think of a "duel" that AndyG did some time ago. It was a dwarf vs Banshee but the colours were also "warm vs cold" he even did an article at figurementos that might inspire you a bit
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I cannot wait to see this finished. Fantastic!

Great start CC, nice dynamic poses for this....would echo what Maenas and others have said about the colouration.

cool looking project.

Thanks all,
    the base coloration as is now is how I had originally planned it would look, still need to play around with it a bit to get it right, getting pretty close though, will muck around a bit more when the minis are done... as you can see in the previous pic I did try to do a bit of a mossy slimy rock look, as i thought the green may create a somewhat of a nice colour triad to the scene, but really didn’t like it, so back to the original plan..
    Not that it can really be seen in my crappy photos, but I have added some blues and purples to the Stormcast metals on the bottom half and some reds into the shades on the top half. May have to push this a bit further once the chaos dude is in place to kind of flow the base colour through the minis... time is going to be the factor though, I’m more concerned about actually finishing at this stage. So if I get a little time once it’s finished I will really work on a bit more of a kind of OSL to get a bit of colour in the reflections.