Chaotic Creations WIP - Page 37
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Chaotic Creations WIP

Thank you all.. to those who mentioned about pushing the highlights a little further with mr bat squig, I couldn’t agree more, they are a bit brighter than the photo makes out. As I have taken out several awards for the shitest miniature photographer in the world, a lot of the colour has washed out in this photo making it look quite subtle. But even still I will be adding a few more highlights in places, but I will wait till I’m just about finished with the unit to work them together to kind of get the highlights uniform across all the minis.

Anyways I moved along to the second member of the gang... and was quite happy with how it was progressing until I decided to rush the technique on the smoke/spores whatever you want to call it.
    Name:  1C4E741B-1D59-4822-A087-2AD5E55DD184.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  463.4 KB

(Once again crappy photos)
    I knew what I wanted to do, but being super impatient I really rushed the technique, and thought ahhh let’s get out the dry brush... and immediately regretted this decision, and instantly remembered why I hate drybrushing!!!!
    In my head I figured I had destroyed this paint and I had this guy literally dangling over the stripping pot, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it as I was quite happy with how the rest of it was coming along, so had to try and rectify it

so with a lot of gritting my teeth and persistence, I have kind of remedied the issue, to where it’s looking good, well better than it was before anyways.. although it is the complete opposite of the effect I wanted for this. Oh well shit happens... I think this kind of effect would be mush better applied with an airbrush.
    Anyways here’s where it’s at currently...
    Name:  DD245D91-010B-4B7A-8EC0-67104A683F50.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  595.6 KB
    Still a way to go with this little shroom... but at least I didn’t go through with starting over

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Creations View Post
    Thanks graishak, as ekipage mentioned this is one of the minions that come with the Mollogs mob night vault set... The only conversions I do is taking really nice sculpts and converting them into average painted figures haha
    LOL ... don't underrate your work. You're producing very nice things! ;-)

First off, great job on this figure so far, I actually do like your fix for the smoke too.

Could you have just used some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to remove some of the paint from the smoke part without stripping the whole figure? I actually liked the texture you kind of had in the first photo, maybe just add some shading into those areas and then brought up the rest with brighter colors?

Noish CC noish noish noish!!!

Damn this guy is sweet! Very nice scheme and highlighting!

Well i meant to post that on your picture of the goblin/gremlin pirate dude, but all of your work is great. My favorite is probably your duel entry. Love all your goblins and greens too man!

Cheers guys,

progress is is slow but moving in the right direction.

Name:  6839B962-0A00-4862-94FB-3D8BA95F7F42.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  123.0 KB

That purple(?) is coming along super well! I think the blue on the mushrooms will provide a really good contrast and color spread too

Beautimas work especially in Regards to the color !!!!

That schroom looks poisonous sweet ;-)

​Love it! Smoke is particularly good.

Looks great, and also a really fun model to paint