Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chaotic Creations WIP

Heated steel is great- should have the 3 colors. Everything about this is turning out absolutely fantastic.

Cheers BAM, wasn’t really sure how to apply this, was just going from a couple of pictures I was looking at... didn’t really have a bright enough hue of purple I would have liked to used (countless attempts to try and mix the right colour). Ended up having to mix in with a metallic to get close to what I wanted... will practice this a little more to figure out how to get it right, it’s a pretty cool effect...

All the pieces for the base have finally arrived, really looking forward to putting it all together and getting this guy finished...

Well in the little time I have had to hobby the ork has seen only a couple of touch ups, nothing worth sharing... but his base is coming along nicely!!! Still in early stages, requires some inks and more highlights and a few more special little pieces!!! Here’s a peek to give you a bit of an idea where it’s heading...Name:  4486663A-BD41-4EA8-B2AC-1AA736FA6D08.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  932.2 KB

That base is looking great mate, big thumbs up from me

Your ork has come on in leaps and bounds CC...great stuff....looking forward to seeing him on that base.

Thanks droid and thanks hairster, I’m going to take a bit of inspiration from your nurgle queen base and introduce a bit of colour with inks... have already started, not that the photo shows it, I can assure you that photo doesn’t do it any favours haha I just looked at it and it looks like a crappy pile of dry brushed sand well I test placed all the pieces in place before I started painting and it should look alright once it comes together... spent last night playing around trying to decide on a freehand for the plinth, I think I’ve worked out something that will work...

Base looks awesome! Cork and sand/grit? Or any other special techniques?

Thanks Ddmkr, Yep that’s it, stacked cork, coarse sand and a few little bits of rock I picked up off the road out the front of my house. And on the flat sections I used that GW agrellan earth technical paint for the crackle... just applied it really thick to get some nice deep cracks.. this stuff is epic, first time I’ve used it!!!

Technical/texture paints from Citadel are great, although expensive (as are all things GW). I'm using Vallejo diorama texture paste now, they come in a really big box and last a long time, there are not as many different effects as there are in Citadels range, but you can give them a try, Dark Earth and Rough Pumice are indispensable for me now