Arkaan - WIP - Page 9
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkaan - WIP

Nice work, but IMHO you should reconsider the color of the wrappings on the weapon handle, I think it blends into the skin too much...

Lone Lemming You're right about that wrappings, I will try to figure something out. But this occurred in the first place because I have limited amount of scale75 paints and I wanted to paint this whole mini with them. But well yeah, I could done it better even with what I've got.

In the meantime lets go to the shroom land, I've finished Zarbag. I watched all the mushroom glow illuminated in his blade on BAM and hairster minis. I wanted to try something different and mirrored the shrooms in the blade, but I'm not sure if this is working, so please tell me your opinions!

Name:  01 (1).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  298.1 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  270.1 KB
    Last edited by Arkaan; 01-14-2019 at 05:05 AM.

I definitely love the color design of your mushrooms!!!!!

Really nice work on this guy, Arkaan! The little details on the mushroom and blades give this lot of character. The glowing effect on the lantern looks great as well.

I like the reflection of the mushrooms and the butterfly light turned out pretty cool.

btw nice contrasts on the chaos dude. It really make the muscles and loin plates pop.

Epic work all round mate... 4 things which I have to note.
    1) the nmm style of the hood freehand = brilliant
    2) the freehand grain of the timber = ultra brilliant
    3) the shrooms = fkn sensational
    4) the reflection of the shrooms on the blade = DAYUM!!! that’s some next level shit !!!!

absolutely outstanding painting Arkaan.

And that my friends is how you paint zarbags with your own spin on things-greatest idea and execution ever.
    BaM

Oh excellent idea, well done. Looks brilliant

Coming together nicely Arkaan, have been keeping an eye on your various gobbos on instagram. Shroom reflections are particularly well done and eyecatching

Armour pieces, fabric etc are all looking good on the khorne guy. Muscle forms and volumes look nicely defined, would definitely be keen to see a little more colour variation in the skin tones, maybe some warmer tones glazed in in places to emphasis the variation in fleshier, blood heavier areas (armpits etc).

Many thanks to all of You!

As for the Reaver

Lone LemmingI repainted the weapon wrapping to a lighter colour so it should be better

HairsterIn the first place as I was painting skin I glazed purple into the recesses and added a bit of yellow to the highlight layers. And I have hard time to show real colors on pictures, somehow I just can't tune my camera in this aspect. Maybe it's the colour of the light bulbs that I'm using but raw pictures are shifted toward green a lot (like in example below). I've tried to bring the colors as much to the real life as possible but yeah, this sucks, because I don't even know if this is correct. So here are the pics with the same skin but shifted more away from this greeeeeeeen :<

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  585.1 KBName:  02.jpg
Size:  589.7 KB
    Name:  03.jpg
Size:  581.3 KBName:  04.jpg
Size:  587.1 KB

And now that's how my camera sees (greenish) colors
    Name:  xx.jpg
Size:  357.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaan View Post
    I wanted to try something different and mirrored the shrooms in the blade, but I'm not sure if this is working, so please tell me your opinions!
    It looks fine, maybe increase the contrast by deepening the black, and reflect the purple hood on the inner side of the blade

I repainted the weapon wrapping to a lighter colour so it should be better
    Yep, much better!

And I have hard time to show real colors on pictures, somehow I just can't tune my camera in this aspect.
    Maybe try to take your photos before a neutral background. I use a white plastic sheet, it is easy to pick a lighter point to set up the white balance.
    But if you are filthy rich, you can always use a Color Passport.

Default I am so in admiration

Of you and your work which continues to push us all to higher levels every time we view your work. This new gentleman with the double handed axe man is exactly what I’m talking about

I didn't even notice the mushroom reflection in the weapon before! Great job on that and a nice extra little touch!

No time to paint so here's some 2hr chainrasp
    as for camera it helps to do photos on white background and in raw format to do wb on a computer from raw file.
    Name:  g01.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  249.7 KBName:  g02.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  245.4 KB

Gorgeous work! I just spent some serious time looking through the whole thread! Love your clean and crisp style.

Thank you for sharing!

Wow! The chainrasp is looking awesome. Just two hours? Deepest respect.
    High quality in very short time.

I’m so keep in mind that I always say-it doesn’t matter if something is painted in an hour, drynrushed etc etc or is it takes six months. If something looks good it looks good. These skels look AMazing. Very attractive. Now I have to find my briarqueen and paint those. You’ve motivated me ... thatsthe highest honor one can give.