Arkaan - WIP - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkaan - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaan View Post
    And another nmm practice target I strugle to make nice thin edge highlight line, I think it is something with wrong paint consistency or lack of proper sleep
    Just noticed this, maybe not too late from the party, my solution was to use very thin brush (some 000 kolinsky), and the paint should be fresh, it became unusable after a half hour.

Good work on everything. Your strengths are the nmm . Def home this skill further. Your adept at it. !!!!

Some very nice painting going on here arkaan... your squig is definately my favourite, he looks great.

You're right, I'm too impatient for glazing
    Yeah I'm not the greatest fan of glazing either^^
    But really fascinating to see what can be achieved when layering is truly mastered! Love that neat, clean look with such high contrast.

Thank You all for the comments and advices!

And here's some sunday painting
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  428.3 KB

Wonderful nmm !!! groooovy!!!!

Your grasp of NMM is well above average and the silver metals are really nice. The way you have aged the leatherwork such as the scabbard looks great too. All the little scratches and texturing works.

Loving your work so far, agree with everyone else. I find the unusual stands out, ie I really like the way you've painted the hot coals in the pot. Great !

Wow the NMM looks great! Love the copper.

Can't believe I've missed this post of yours. Like everyone else said, the metal is rad. Super contrast between the dark and shiny bits. And I haven't seen a lot of people pull off the scratches on NMM so well. Keep going, I want to see what you do with the smoke!

Love the coals!

Many thanks for all the comments it's really encouraging!

So I've call them finished expect the bases :d

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  288.4 KB
    Name:  03.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  331.0 KB
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  219.6 KB

Btw: did you guys know that one of the squigs is called "Bonekrakka"? and the name obliges :d
    And second btw: did you guys know that the smoking bit of "
    Drizgit Da Squig Herder" is crescent that was burnt onto the sides of the squigs?

Awesome work Arkaan. They are excellent!!!

Thank You Chaotic Creations !

I've changed the way of taking pictures! And I want to ask You guys for a opinion, should I cut out background like on examples below? And if so, the black or white background is better?

Name:  401.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  1.70 MB
    Name:  402.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  1.72 MB

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  398.4 KB
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  396.2 KB

I can’t really help as I am probably the worst ever at taking pictures of minis but I do prefer pics of minis with a dark background.

Yeah, I find the black background more appealing as well.

I think that white looks more natural with these minis. Awesome group though mate!

I feel it depends on the colours and palette used. A dark palette would show up better against a white. And a light palette vice versa.:-) great job all around. Hells bells.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I feel it depends on the colours and palette used. A dark palette would show up better against a white. And a light palette vice versa.:-) great job all around. Hells bells.
    I kinda agree with this, in my limited knowledge you are mostly looking for contrast. So from your examples the skeletons look great on the black background, while the little green guys look better on the white background. In my opinion of course